Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Hope to finally see it today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

okay. finally saw it, um... it was okay. reading the credits, I didn't realize all the countries they filmed in. a budget of $150 Million? Huh? The whole middle Earth thing is not happening with me and the two villain's (or should I say one villian???) were what I do not consider heavyweights.

in fact, TIAMAT was more of badass, who should have had more screen time, but...

SPOILERS....

Gojira getting all JUICED UP for what? All that Power and to fight that loser: SHIMO!?!? Really? More like SHMOE!!

Wot a disappointment.

And I hate to ay this but this film was like the Kaiju equivalent of a Buddy-Cop film!. UGH! i mean come on, really???

And most of all the SOUNDTRACK! Kiss' "I was made for loving you" Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone", Badfinger, and Loverboy??? ***??????

Earring and Kiss's tunes where so out of place and made no sense as to their placement in the film's pacing and it just made me wonder what was the bloody point?

Needless to say, Gojira - 1 is in NO DANGER of getting blown out of the water by this film, creatively!!

GIA kicked ***, I loved her development and if they do another film, where is it gonna go??? yeah the film made $$$$$$ so I am sure they are all happy, wonder how much of it TOHO gets??

Still no US dvd release date for -1, no -1 sequel plans. Once again it is a waiting game.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I did say this was a buddy cop type movie.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

20 days later and I have no fondness or sympathy for this film. Did not go see it a 2nd time.

It's pretty sad that -one will NOW be the standard of everything held in regard to Gojira.

The Monsterverse is over. You heard it first here.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Good gravy, getting a little serious up in here.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by palitoy
              Good gravy, getting a little serious up in here.

Well, whats his name the director has left the series and what kind of storylines can they do next? Maybe an ALIEN invasion??? Did the film make it's money? Yeah, and its already set for DVD release and -ONE is still pending a US/World dvd (Subtitled) release. And the money they made was by your everyday Jamoke who had nothing better to do on the weekend, then make a "Choice" to decide which movie to see cause they had no other choice or their first choice was already taken. These people are NOT Gojira supporters and they did NOT go see -ONE.

Hence where is the future for this franchise? The best Kaiju (TIAMAT) was offed early in the film and this film's only highlight was the Growth of GIA.

Flogging a dead horse, indeed.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I'm with Jorge. Minus One's Oscar win proves Godzilla doesn't need a Hollywood sub-franchise to keep it alive. They need to close up shop with these GINO popcorn flicks and let Godzilla be the Japanese monster he is.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I think a remake of Godzilla vs. Hedora (Smog Monster) would be interesting with todays CGI, the movie already passed 50 years, or how about a remake of the War of the Gargantuas?

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by B-Lister
                    I'm with Jorge. Minus One's Oscar win proves Godzilla doesn't need a Hollywood sub-franchise to keep it alive. They need to close up shop with these GINO popcorn flicks and let Godzilla be the Japanese monster he is.

Thank you, Justin.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎