Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

This is horrible. Who would have thought less than three and a half years after Wrestlemania XX, both Benoit and Guerrero would be dead?

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

From the AP:

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday. Pope said the bodies were discovered about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

That's freakin' chilling....it's what I suspected but I really don't want to believe it.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• JDeRouen
        Author of Small Things
        • Jun 14, 2001

I don't want to believe it either. Boy, I think I'm finally through watching wrestling.
        --
        Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

When I read that he had left the tour for "personal reasons" that pretty much conviinced me my theory of Carbon Monoxide poisoning was out the door. Maybe some other sort of poisoning, unless, and I shudder to think, he did it with his bare hands.

This is senseless. I'm not sure if I can even watch Raw tonight.

When Vince started this I'm Dead storyline, my first thought was he better wrap it up quickly before someone dies. When Sherry Martel died last week, and they buried the silent tribute to her in the middle of the shows, I figured he got off lightly.

If Benoit did this, he will have disappointed a lot of fans that saw him as being somewhat above the stupidity of the storylines.

Comment

• JDeRouen
            Author of Small Things
            • Jun 14, 2001

Apparently he didn't leave, but rather never showed up. He kept rescheduling his flight, and finally canceled it, and called WWE and said his wife and son were coughing up blood. But this is only what I've read. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.
            --
            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• kept back
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 2, 2002

I know that Benoit left a house show Saturday because his wife and son were sick(coughing up blood). If they were both gone when he arrived home, that could be enough to push anyone over the edge towards harming themselves. I'm just numb right now. I don't think I can handle anymore wrestler deaths. Mike "Road Warrior Hawk" Hegstrand, Ray "Big Bossman" Trailer, Curt Hennig, Miss Elizabeth, Rick Rude, Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman, Owen Hart...it just keeps going on and on. Keep hearing U2's Bono..."I can't believe the news today. I can't close my eyes and make it go away." Sorry. Been a huge wrestling fan over the years and all of these losses really hit me hard.
              Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                Author of Small Things
                • Jun 14, 2001

Originally posted by kept back
                Sorry. Been a huge wrestling fan over the years and all of these losses really hit me hard.
                No need to apologize, I feel the same way. I really admired Benoit and no matter how it all turns out, I'll miss seeing him on my television screen.

Joe
                --

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                  Career Member
                  • May 14, 2007

Very sad news :(
                  Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                    Author of Small Things
                    • Jun 14, 2001

They're now saying that they think he killed Nancy and Daniel over the weekend and came back Monday and killed himself. I really hope this isn't true.
                    --

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

WWE.com is confirming that it's a "double murder-suicide from within the home"...very sad turn of events.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

WWE is saying it's a murder/suicide

I don't think they'd say that if they didn't know for sure ....

The official home of the latest WWE news, results and events. Get breaking news, photos, and video of your favorite WWE Superstars.

m

Comment

• Hulk
                          Mayor of Megoville
                          • May 10, 2003

Hard to believe that WWE is the authoratative word on this, but I am guessing they have a pretty good inside line. The rumors will continue to swirl. I wonder why they haven't released the timeline of whether he left the tour or just called from home saying he couldn't be there. Reports from before the announcement clearly say he left because of a family emergency.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

BTW, if the WWE knew it was a double murder suicide, I don't think they should have done that raw tribute.

If it is true, he doesn't deserve a tribute.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

If Benoit did indeed kill both his wife and seven year old child.....

Man, I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but God help him if he.....

Well, I'll keep it to myself for now.

Originally posted by type1kirk
                              BTW, if the WWE knew it was a double murder suicide, I don't think they should have done that raw tribute.

If it is true, he doesn't deserve a tribute.
                              Agreed.
                              Last edited by Hector; Jun 25, '07, 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
                                Mayor of Megoville
                                • May 10, 2003

Lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, told The Associated Press the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and that the causes of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday
                                Well hopefully we won't have to wait weeks on end for toxicology reports. Sounds like they have a pretty clear idea of how they died, and now its probably a matter of piecing together when they died. 24 hours for autopsy results in 3 deaths is pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎