Oh great.
You know, this film series has been plagued with PR nightmares from the get go.
First, Katie Holmes is the focus of more attention than Batman Begins itself. Her then boyfriend Tom Cruise makes a spectacle of himself and takes all the focus away from the movie.
Then, of course, Ledger's death. The death of stuntman on Dark Knight. And now this.
Not defending Bale because I don't know the facts. But if the mom and sister pressed charges later, and Bale went "by appointment" to the police, this may all be blown out of proportion.
Still really unfortunate for the movie. Hope this does not hurt the rest of its run.
Chris
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Batman "Assaults" Mum: Christian Bale Investigated
Collapse
X
-
-
I hope he used his constipated voice. . . to let Mum and Sis know he was in Bat-mode.
Interesting to see this unfold!Leave a comment:
-
UPDATE He has been arrested. Not a great move at the height fo your career.
Batman star Christian Bale has been arrested by detectives investigating laims he assaulted two family members.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said a 34-year-old man had been arrested in connection with an allegation of assault, and remained in custody.
"A 34-year-old man attended a police station in central London by appointment and was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault - he currently remains in custody," a police spokesman said.Last edited by Wee67; Jul 22, '08, 9:31 AM.Leave a comment:
-
Batman "Assaults" Mum: Christian Bale Investigated
LONDON (AP) - Batman star Christian Bale was to be questioned by police over allegations he assaulted his mother and sister the night before the European premiere of his film, "The Dark Knight," British media reported Tuesday.
His mother and sister reportedly complained that the 34-year-old actor assaulted them at a west London hotel on Sunday.
Britain's Press Association said they made the allegation at a police station in south England on Monday and that the allegation
was passed on to Scotland Yard in London. It said questioning was expected Tuesday.
When asked Tuesday about the news reports, Scotland Yard said it was investigating an allegation referred to it by another police force but refused to say whether the incident involved Bale.
The Sun newspaper said police did not question Bale on Monday because they did not want to interfere with the premiere.
Bale's U.S.-based representatives did not immediately return messages seeking comment. Phone calls to Bale's London representative were not unanswered.Last edited by Wee67; Jul 22, '08, 8:55 AM.Tags: None


Leave a comment: