X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

Covid sucks

Not my first time contracting this fun bag of joy, but this one is the worst so far for me personally. I can't breath without pain, energy levels are best described as a futile and depleting effort. Every day appears to result in my health being worse than the day before, going on two weeks now. For anyone who says Covid is getting better, please, I beg you to step into my life today and convince anyone of that viewpoint. The worst part is, I can't sleep either. No sleep equals a miniscule chance of recovery within any resemblance of a suggestable timeline. Seems all I can effectively do is binge-watch Prime and Netflix programs. Has anyone in megoland shared the life that has been my living Hell for the last two weeks?
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I've been playing it safe avoiding crowded places, groceries early am, wearing my mask and getting my shots. So I've managed to not get it yet...I think. My work has had 7 people out with it and I work close with two of them, so lucky I guess.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ToyTalk
      Not my first time contracting this fun bag of joy, but this one is the worst so far for me personally. I can't breath without pain, energy levels are best described as a futile and depleting effort. Every day appears to result in my health being worse than the day before, going on two weeks now. For anyone who says Covid is getting better, please, I beg you to step into my life today and convince anyone of that viewpoint. The worst part is, I can't sleep either. No sleep equals a miniscule chance of recovery within any resemblance of a suggestable timeline. Seems all I can effectively do is binge-watch Prime and Netflix programs. Has anyone in megoland shared the life that has been my living Hell for the last two weeks?
      Oh man, so sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon!

Comment

• Retro76
        • Aug 4, 2012

So sorry to hear this. I wish you strength and a quick recovery!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

sorry to hear you are going through this. I have been playing it safe as well. up to date on shots, stay away from people and places unless i have to, like grocery shopping and then i wear a mask

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I had it back in August 2020, before it sold out and got big with the popular kids. Never touched my lungs but the body ache was legendary. Fun fact..I was a 40 year user of tobacco. Ran out the day I knew I had Covid. Figured the next two weeks would suck if I had tobacco and if I quit cold turkey they couldn't suck much worse. So I quit tobacco because of the pandemic.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Man, so sorry for you. This time last year, I was one of the lucky ones who tested positive but had no known symptoms beyond a standard sinus infection. I did have a runny nose for 8 months afterward, however. And I had an a-fib attack in December that I kind of wonder may have been aggravated by it. Unusual for someone at 47 to have it.
              sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

That sounds awful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Sorry to hear this. Hope you start to recover soon. For every three people I know who have had mild to no symptoms, there seems to be one that really gets sick with it, especially in recent times.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 25, 2020

I play it safe. I haven't left the house in weeks, other than one trip to the doctor for my daughter. We have our groceries delivered and Amazon everything else. The kids wear mask at school and my vaccinations are up-to-date, including the booster. No idea how I caught it but it is kicking my rear-end.
                    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

I feel for ya, I've had it twice...it sucks. Got it early on and it last 5 weeks the first time...and then 3 weeks for the Delta variant. The upside is, once you've had it...you now have natural Antibodies. Hell, I might've even had Omicron...but it was so mild, it's hard to say for sure.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Just heard on the news this morning Covid is really going after deer 'round these parts.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                          Home Of The Type3 Body
                          • Jan 18, 2005

I had the first strain of COVID-19 in March of 2020 when it first got here.
                          Yes, it's horrible. Had 101 fever for 12 straight days. The cough was unbearable.
                          I was in bed nearly a month. Took several months to regain my energy and the after effects lasted the better part of a year.
                          After I recovered I had to see a cardiologist and pulmonologist.
                          During my sickness, we monitored my oxygen level, which should have been 100-98 and it actually dipped into the middle 80s.
                          Later found out that was because I had pneumonia.
                          LOOK
                          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                          To Contact: [email protected]

Comment

• justzeg18
                            Career Member
                            • May 5, 2003

Sorry to hear.
                            I picked it up somehow/where (I’m assuming at work) at the end of Dec despite being fully vaxed since last Feb and boosted in Nov.

My experience wasn’t BAD bad, but it knocked me out good for a solid 5-7 days. Work put me out for 14 days as they hadn’t updated the policy to match the newest cdc guidelines yet. (what a great way to kill a chunk of my PTO instantly at the beginning of the year.)

I’ve noticed that I’m still pretty low energy several weeks after testing neg.

I can’t complain too much though, it could have been way worse.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

I hope you make a speedy recovery...I was one of the lucky ones. I had it in 2020 and was asymptomatic. The only symptom I felt was after my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine. Had extreme fatigue for about a week.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎