Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Wendy's new Breakfast Baconator is the king of all breakfast sandwiches. I have never tasted anything so good.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Just thought of another great breakfast sandwich easily made at home …

Fried Spam on white toasted bread with a ton of mayo (must be Hellmann's)

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

I like McDonald's McGriddles. Its like a pancake egg and bacon all in one sandwich. also like the breakfast burritos.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by powersthatbe
          ………... also like the breakfast burritos.
          I LOVE the sauce that comes with them --- forgot the name but it's like salsa with an extra kick in the nuts

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by YoungOnce
            Sausage egg biscuit from McDonalds… I’m at the point right now to where I just get tired of chewing on bread so I throw away the bottom half of the biscuit and that makes the bread to sausage and egg ratio more even
            I thought I was the only one that did that lol. But I save the other sides and have them on the week-end with home-made Jimmy Dean's sausage gravy
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              …………... But I save the other sides and have them on the week-end with home-made Jimmy Dean's sausage gravy
              Jimmy Dean makes sausage gravy ? … or do you mean you make your own using Jimmy Dean sausage ?

Sausage gravy is kind of a foreign delicacy round these parts …

All we have round here is Great Value (in a can) …. Libby's (in a can) … and McCormick powder.

I super-miss the days of Sha-Shoney's restaurants breakfast buffet

Closest one to me now is Richman, Virginia…… That's an almost day's drive (including sketchy motel)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Home-made, using JD sausage. It's sooo easy to make, canned/powder sounds disgusting.

If you want, I'll PM you the directions/recipe. If you can do simple measuring and fry bulk sausage into crumbles, it's a snap.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

My biggest difficulty is the roux

Its always either underdone or burned

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Aha, I do not make a separate roux. Ingenious!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

I had those Jimmy Dean type croissant sausage egg sandwiches for a while, they are good sometimes, sometimes difficult to heat up just right.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                        My biggest difficulty is the roux

Its always either underdone or burned
                        Love that Mikey goes from properly tenderizing and seasoning roadkill to mastering the perfect roux in the same thread. Oh, Mikey, you rascal.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

^--- i'm fine tenderizing and seasoning a groundhog, possum, coon or even muskrats

It's the gravy that always gets me …

The proper meat-fat to flour butter ratio +TEMP drives me nuts

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Hardee's biscuit and gravy is far superior to McDonald's, in my opinion. DQ's is also better.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

My go to, when I do get fast food breakfast, is the classic Egg McMuffin. But the Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuit is also surprisingly good. Normally chicken for breakfast seems weird, but they make it work.

And now I have to try that new Wendy's offering. No wonder I can't shed my COVID weight.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Hardee's biscuit and gravy is far superior...
                                That's my go-to in a pinch and they have the best fast-food biscuits IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎