X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Any fans here of Roasted Bone Marrow?

I was not, until one day my Wife talked me into trying it at one of our favorite restaurants, Bestia, in L.A. (Roasted Marrow Bone. Spinach Gnocchetti. Crispy Breadcrumbs. Aged Balsamic). She came across the recipe and wanted to make it at home. There's a local Meat Market that sells the bones and will slice them for you. She found this thing to provide the perfect size/shape of the gnocchetti. You put the dough into that basket and work it like a Mandoline Slicer.

Topped with some Fennel Fronds, this is how the dish is served at Bestia. Scrape and mix the marrow into the pasta, and then it's only a matter of time before your eyes roll back in your head.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Love it !!!

Gotta eat it hot though, I can't stomach it when it starts to cool down and turns to jelly

Some people love it cold --- see pigs feet

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

A roasted bone marrow thread without a reply for Hector ???

The man must be either scuba-diving in the Chicxulub crater looking for fossils -- to cook up …

or …. is being held captive by bandits with a wealthy price on his head -- trust me, he knows where to get REAL Caspian caviar in the Baja California Peninsula

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Yes!… delicious on a crostini with other wonderful things like roasted garlic, red peppers, and pickled bits too!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎