X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

I Have Recovered From Covid 19

As some of you already know, I tested positive for covid 19. I'm on my 17th day and feeling much better. But I have never been so sick and so scared. For 12 days I was bedridden with a fever reaching at least 100, some days nearly 102. Sever coughing and bone aches I can't even describe. Yesterday, my State of NJ posted over 58,000 infected and nearly 2000 dead.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: [email protected]
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

After hearing what you went thru, I am trying to not get it. Blechh, I had H1N1 when that was going around and it was no picnic. Glad you are ok, John.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

damn! I am so glad you are on the road to recovery.

this whole thing has me really scared. my wife and I go nowhere. anything we need we get delivered or we do without. anything coming into the house is wiped down and sanitized first.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

That’s scary John. Glad to hear you’re getting better.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm so relieved you're better, John. One of my friends, a nurse, is in intensive care with it, it's terrible.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

did they hospitalize you John? or do anything for you at all, as far as treatment? I am curious for a first hand account of what is being done because this is really some scary **** we are all wading through.

again, I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. be well

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Sounds like you have been through h*ll. I am glad you are on the other side of it and getting better.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Glad yer feeling better.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Type3Toys
                  Home Of The Type3 Body
                  • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  did they hospitalize you John? or do anything for you at all, as far as treatment? I am curious for a first hand account of what is being done because this is really some scary **** we are all wading through.

again, I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. be well
                  Pretty much described my day to day on Facebook.
                  But here goes
                  The first 10-12 days were the worst. Day 2 I was prescribed a Z PAC for 5 days and it did absolutely nothing. I had a fever for the first 12 days of at least 100, sometimes going as high as 101.8 when my normal temp is 97 or so.
                  Coughing was very bad and dry with no mucus and breathing was labored if I even sat up.
                  The bone aches, mostly knees and feet was almost unbearable. I avoided my normal go-to Advil because it reportedly makes it worse. 3 Tylenol seemed to work.
                  Lost sense of smell and taste, not to mention 12-14 pounds in 16 days.
                  Although I came close twice, I was not hospitalized. That was the last thing I wanted.
                  Today, day 17, I am feeling much better. Actually went through a very brief workout with 50% of the weight I used 17 days ago.
                  I have been instructed to remain quarantined for 72 hours after my symptoms have stopped. I still have a cough so I have not started the count down yet.
                  LOOK
                  Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                  For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                  To Contact: [email protected]

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

don't push yourself. the last thing you want is a relapse. I am glad you are over the worst of it. thank you for sharing your ordeal

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Welcome back John; great to hear you're in recovery!

I just talked with a friend back in Ohio who is into week four of recovery; in his case his lungs were burning for several days which he explained was excruciating, debilitating and scary. It was interesting and concerning to learn that the doctors were hesitant to do much for him. He's looking forward to the follow-up anti-body testing. It's also in my extended family in Florida, and my mother-in-law lost a friend in two days to it. Some are still claiming "hoax"… f-ing shameful.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Some have no shame, guilt, or moral compass.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 12, '20, 11:46 AM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

Glad to hear you’re doing better. That’s scary as hell.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Glad to hear you are doing better.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Glad you are on the mend, that's scary...
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡