Originally posted by Meule
    So there's justice after all
    Thanks judge for restoring my faith in the US legal system
    Paris goes to jail... again... I love it
    See it all works out in the end---although now my plans to hang outside
    her home protesting with my "FREE PARIS OR LET ME INSIDE" placard are
    ruined!

As far as:
    "It's not that they chose to set him free, they simply couldn't touch him. That's not the same as buying your way out because your rich and famous. It's also not a case of legal failure by the courts... he's simply untouchable... Like I said, our system isn't perfect either"

I'll just note that that sounds a bit different than something with a
    famous law breaker/criminal's punishment with the equivalent in the USA,
    even if the message of power rendering leniency isn't dang close to the
    same---

(I probably spelled "leniency" wrong!)
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
      DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY: This goes for all members of the royal family

It's not that they chose to set him free, they simply couldn't touch him. That's not the same as buying your way out because your rich and famous. It's also not a case of legal failure by the courts... he's simply untouchable... Like I said, our system isn't perfect either
      We don't have royalty in the U.S. and movie stars and presidents are as close as you get. Hopefully, with that in mind, you can understand why different standards are given to different people. Untouchable is B.S. Like I said, there is no royalty here, that's why we get angry when the "unofficial royalty" seem to get different treatment around here.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎