• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huedell
    Museum Ball Eater
    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by ABMAC
    That's correct, yet you do anyway.

You asked Thomas about the legal system in Belgium, then you blow him off when he gives you an answer because you "find it hard to believe." Not only is that rude, but it's also stupid.

If you're not willing to let facts change your opinion, and your opinion is based solely on faith, then every argument you get into becomes a religious argument.

I'm going to start deleting your contentious posts when they ignore the facts presented.
    Ant----believe me, I "somewhat" see your point and that's why I gave the
    disclaimer "so I can't properly comment on this"

because I'm TOO honest and frank for my own good

I know enough to post what I posted

Then a guy like you comes along, and uses it against
    me and calls me "stupid and rude" on top of it

I don't think there's anything stupid or "sole faith" oriented about
    sticking by the fact that "money talks----everywhere"

If you want to totally discount me-----fine, but you and some others around
    here throw around labels like "idiot" and "stupid" without thought of civility
    and letting someone have their opinion

You (and others) let opinions T you off---and then you decide the gloves are off---sorry, if I say "bite me" to that

Yeah, I might've discounted Thomas' opinion to an extent, but I didn't
    name call---I'd never call him an idiot for having his view---or for
    delivering his facts (which in the case of defining a law system will ALWAYS be vague at best)

You however, do the name calling constantly
    Last edited by huedell; Jun 8, '07, 12:54 PM.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
      Well, Paris was convicted and was in jail. It's rediculous that she was released after a whopping 3 days, and the system does fail as shown here. It sounds as if the judge is furious and has called a hearing today. This was a move made by the sherriff and he alone. he should lose his job.

I like Brian's idea. Everyone who drives drunk gets beaten up a few times. I think more people would call taxis if this were the punishment
      Regarding these comments---and Brian's---dang I think Paris shouldn't've
      been released like this....come on-----I guess you guys should see me say
      that cause otherwise you might think differently about my thoughts on that--

I think her punishment shoulda been much more severe----and if I don't
      come across that way--- that's why I'm making this post

and, again, thank god she didn't hurt anybody
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Hue, you better quit while you're behind

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
          Hue, you better quit while you're behind
          and here I thought I might've made sense

not only about money talking but about rudeness on this board

sorry Mike----

I stand behind every word I said

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

So do I

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

So do I
              You're not getting testy are you?

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Are you making fun of my testes ?

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Are you making fun of my testes ?
                  Now that's funny!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

and I quote Paris, "MOM!".

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                      No, they don't. Even our prince has been convicted for fraud. Since he's a prince they can't lock him away, but at least he was convicted.
                      Numerous politicians have been convicted too, some went to jail, others got off a little easier. But no one walks free because they're rich and famous. Our legal system is far from perfect, I'll grant you that, but at least it's not a farce like yours is.
                      You do the crime, you should do the time
                      So here's an interesting question. If the prince of Belgium gets convicted of fraud but they can't lock him away because he's the prince....what was his punishment? Doesn't that contradict the statement that "no one walks free because they're rich and famous" but didn't the prince walk free because he's rich and famous? And I'm not saying it to be rude, I'm just trying to understand how you see the difference between that and our legal system.

I can personally say I did some pretty stupid things when I was young, I have driven drunk and thankfully never hurt anyone. If I am driving and out at a party, I only have one drink or maybe two and make sure that I wait an hour or two after the last drink. I had parents who would get very angry with me if I had any kind of alcohol even if I was of legal drinking age and didn't drive. When the time comes and I'm not sure when to have the discussion but my son is now 12 so I should probably have the discussion soon which is basically that I would prefer he not drink until he is legal but also know that I am not naiive and if he does get into a situation where he has been drinking or doing whatever, he is not to drive or get into a car with anyone that has been drinking. In return, I will come pick him up from whereever and time day or night without any lecture or punishment. The harsh punishment will come if I catch him drinking and driving or riding with someone who has been drinking and driving.

I have an older brother, he will be 49 this year and back when he was growing up the legal drinking age in Maryland was 18. It turned to 21 well before I became of age but ironically, Washington D.C. which was just 20 miles from my home had just changed the law from 18 to 21 when I was 18 but grandfathered me in so I was allowed to go to bars or purchase alcohol in Washington D.C. My older brother said he used to get pulled over all the time for D.W.I. and he said the police never did anything about it other than tell him to drive directly home.....how screwed up is that? I would think even if they didn't crack down on drunk driving back then, they would at least make them exit their car and drive them home.
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

Ha! Paris Hilton is heading back to jail to serve her sentence after all!!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn...IN7dypfF76o9EF
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                          Stays Crunchy in Milk
                          • Aug 2, 2004

Good for you Judge.
                          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
                            Good for you Judge.
                            I heartily share that sentiment

and as far as what Adam West said to Thomas:

"So here's an interesting question. If the prince of Belgium gets convicted of fraud but they can't lock him away because he's the prince....what was his punishment? Doesn't that contradict the statement that "no one walks free because they're rich and famous" but didn't the prince walk free because he's rich and famous? And I'm not saying it to be rude, I'm just trying to understand how you see the difference between that and our legal system."

Well, that's all I'm trying to question, (as well as who knows what else goes
                            on in Thomas' country's legal system that Thomas didn't offer up) and if Ant
                            and Mike think differently then I guess I was unclear in my post(s)---I admit
                            I should've taken the time to draw the metaphor right from Thomas'
                            example to accentuate my point being more legit, but I was too lazy

Actually, I was suprised when Thomas all out shot down my questioning, because
                            I thought he'd see a little bit of that universal truth of wealth
                            ---or fame---- being power within his own country---but instead he stuck
                            to his guns
                            Last edited by huedell; Jun 8, '07, 4:43 PM.

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by huedell
                              I heartily share that sentiment

and as far as what Adam West said to Thomas:

"So here's an interesting question. If the prince of Belgium gets convicted of fraud but they can't lock him away because he's the prince....what was his punishment? Doesn't that contradict the statement that "no one walks free because they're rich and famous" but didn't the prince walk free because he's rich and famous? And I'm not saying it to be rude, I'm just trying to understand how you see the difference between that and our legal system."

Well, that's all I'm trying to question, (as well as who knows what else goes
                              on in Thomas' country's legal system that Thomas didn't offer up) and if Ant
                              and Mike think differently then I guess I was unclear in my post(s)---I admit
                              I should've taken the time to draw the metaphor right from Thomas'
                              example to accentuate my point being more legit, but I was too lazy

Actually, I was suprised when Thomas all out shot down my questioning, because
                              I thought he'd see a little bit of that universal truth of wealth
                              ---or fame---- being power within his own country---but instead he stuck
                              to his guns
                              DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY: This goes for all members of the royal family

It's not that they chose to set him free, they simply couldn't touch him. That's not the same as buying your way out because your rich and famous. It's also not a case of legal failure by the courts... he's simply untouchable... Like I said, our system isn't perfect either
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Adam West
                                Ha! Paris Hilton is heading back to jail to serve her sentence after all!!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn...IN7dypfF76o9EF
                                So there's justice after all
                                Thanks judge for restoring my faith in the US legal system
                                Paris goes to jail... again... I love it
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎