X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by megomania
    You should never apologize for arguing about sports...that's what makes sports fun, and what makes us guys!
    Exactly...its part of the fun, take that away, then we might as well just watch reruns of Mr Rogers, and sing cumbaya together, lol.

I know lots of people hate on the Raiders here, and that's my team...butI don't get bothered about it...its just silly football, who cares. I hate other teams as well...and why wouldn't I rub the losers a bit too? Again, as you said, that's sports rivalry, that's part of the point, actually, the entire point, lol.
    Last edited by Hector; Jan 12, '15, 2:06 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by megomania
      Speaking of the Colts.....how does it feel rooting for a team whose QB looks like Bigfoot and sounds like Andre the Giant :-)

Seriously, Luck was not designed to sport a beard...shave that thing off already, lol.
      sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hector

I know lots of people hate on the Raiders here, and that's my team...butI don't get bothered about it...its just silly football...
        We Raider fans have has it pretty tough for much of the last 30 years, huh ?

I agree with the hazing aspect of sports fandom, but I just thought, in retrospect, that I may have been a bit too vocal about the Lions/Cowboys game, especially considering I had no real rooting interest.

Hec, where were you when I started that "Raiders win" thread after the victory over the Chiefs ?

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by warlock664
          We Raider fans have has it pretty tough for much of the last 30 years, huh ?

I agree with the hazing aspect of sports fandom, but I just thought, in retrospect, that I may have been a bit too vocal about the Lions/Cowboys game, especially considering I had no real rooting interest.

Hec, where were you when I started that "Raiders win" thread after the victory over the Chiefs ?
          I was away from the forum at the time, sorry I missed it.

Many here know I also like the Niners...but when it's Raiders vs Niners...I root for the Raiders. So when the Raiders upset the Niners...I was rubbing all my Niner friends here in the Bay Area, ha.
          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Geez. Can't believe Bronco fans were booing Peyton. Who got them to the Super Bowl last year? sheesh.

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

Yeah It's rough rooting for a QB who wins. Go Colts!
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

"Geez. Can't believe Bronco fans were booing Peyton. Who got them to the Super Bowl last year? sheesh."

I was at the game, and heard the booing. It wasnt Peyton they were booing it was the teams lack of heart. Peyton played with a torn Quad, which he kept quiet about. Apparently it has been injured for the past three games. He should have sat. I appreciate his willingness to play injured, but his selfishness cost his team a chance to win. We all love Peyton here in Denver....Nobody has ever had a chance to stand up to the Elway legend...except Peyton. The dissapointment for us comes from the fact Peyton may have played his last game here. With a new coach he may decide to hang up the cleats, and we get to start the long multi year search for a serviceable QB. How many years does Phillip Rivers still have in San Diego?
                Congrats to the Colts, my second favorite team. PLease Beat Brady!!!!!
                Im glad nobody took me up on my bet. Denver played very listlessly, I think the coach controversy bled into the locker room....CJ Anderson came to play, but few others did. The defense couldnt put any pressure on Luck. That kid is a STUD. I believe he will break most of Peytons records.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

sigpic

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Is that the before or after photo of Brady when his team was caught cheating?

Comment

• megomania
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                      "Geez. Can't believe Bronco fans were booing Peyton. Who got them to the Super Bowl last year? sheesh." I was at the game, and heard the booing. It wasnt Peyton they were booing it was the teams lack of heart. Peyton played with a torn Quad, which he kept quiet about. Apparently it has been injured for the past three games. He should have sat. I appreciate his willingness to play injured, but his selfishness cost his team a chance to win. We all love Peyton here in Denver....Nobody has ever had a chance to stand up to the Elway legend...except Peyton. The dissapointment for us comes from the fact Peyton may have played his last game here. With a new coach he may decide to hang up the cleats, and we get to start the long multi year search for a serviceable QB. How many years does Phillip Rivers still have in San Diego? Congrats to the Colts, my second favorite team. PLease Beat Brady!!!!! Im glad nobody took me up on my bet. Denver played very listlessly, I think the coach controversy bled into the locker room....CJ Anderson came to play, but few others did. The defense couldnt put any pressure on Luck. That kid is a STUD. I believe he will break most of Peytons records.
                      You're not seriously suggesting Brock Osweiler should have started over Manning, are you? A 50% Peyton is better than Osweiler. You play the QB who gives you the best chance to win which is why Aaron Rogers played on a torn calf. Because Matt Flynn sucks, as do 90% of the #2 QBs... Denver lost because Manning was hurt but he still gave them the best chance to win.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Fuzzysnail
                        Is that the before or after photo of Brady when his team was caught cheating?
                        Like Tom said..."read the rule book."
                        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Or the Ravens need to learn how to call a time out if they don't know what's going on.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Exactly. Harbaugh looked like he just got out coached there.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                              ^^^ Exactly. Harbaugh looked like he just got out coached there.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 18, 2007

I thought Billicheck almost blew it at the end there by not running the ball and just taking a knee. He left time on the clock and gave Baltimore a chance to block a punt or a chance at a hail mary with .14 seconds left on the clock. New England doesn't usually make mistakes like that.....I was a little surpised...the master may be mortal after all. THat being said New England should win this weekend by 15 points or more. THe Colts are not on the same level......an I freakin hate the Patriots. Good luck to all...all four teams deserve to be there.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎