Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Panda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 7, 2012

I was out on Long Island yesterday hitting some sales and thought I had made such an amazing score with buying a Transformers Fortress Maximus complete in the box until i talked to my buddy later and he scored this....

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/gms/2983605570.html

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

is that for real and did he actually get it?

Comment

• Den82
        Career Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

I'm seeing too much "too good to be true" stuff on Craigslist these days.

Whenever I see something like that, the first thought in my head is that it might be a local dealer trying to mess with others or give them a false lead so they can grab stuff somewhere else.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
          Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
          • Nov 12, 2005

I got this Sega Genesis with three games for $5 yesterday

sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

"Genesis does what Nintendont"

Pretty good. Most people at the flea want $20 for a well used one.

Comment

• Peter Panda
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 7, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              is that for real and did he actually get it?
              He said he did get it but i'm not sure if/when i'll get to check it out but i guess he's bringing it to a show out there this weekend coming up

Comment

• Peter Panda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Feb 7, 2012

Originally posted by Den82
                I'm seeing too much "too good to be true" stuff on Craigslist these days.

Whenever I see something like that, the first thought in my head is that it might be a local dealer trying to mess with others or give them a false lead so they can grab stuff somewhere else.
                I don't know i've seen alot of stuff that is pretty unbelievable come up for sale,a guy at chiller picked up eternia for 15 bucks in Farmingdale

Comment

• Den82
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

Please, stop telling me this stuff. I don't want to here it.

Today I got the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 and all the original four figures 100% complete for $50. But I also grossly over paid for a box of Star Wars stuff.

The guy contacted me on Craigslist and man, his basement is loaded with some greatness. But he wants a BIG price for it all. I was dealing with him on the phone at his dad's house where it is, so it was difficult. But we may be meeting up and as he said, "inventorying" it all.

I offered up nearly $1,000 and it's still not enough. I have no idea what he is thinking.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Peter Panda
                    I was out on Long Island yesterday hitting some sales and thought I had made such an amazing score with buying a Transformers Fortress Maximus complete in the box until i talked to my buddy later and he scored this....

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/gms/2983605570.html

we need some pics of this!!

Comment

• Splitty
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 25, 2012

----^ speaking of Craigs List ads that are way overpirced, I just had to share this local one somewhere because it's so frickin' neat.
                      I have no idea the prices of pinball machines, but I'm sure it's overpirced. However a 1989 Elvira and Monsters working one is so sweet. If I was a RICH person I would totally buy it.

http://salem.craigslist.org/clt/2972158550.html

Sadly, I can only gawk at the ad until it's deleted.

*edit* I just saw some YouTube videos of it, it IS sweet.
                      Last edited by Splitty; Apr 29, '12, 4:59 PM.
                      I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Peter Panda
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Feb 7, 2012

Originally posted by Den82
                        Please, stop telling me this stuff. I don't want to here it.

Today I got the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 and all the original four figures 100% complete for $50. But I also grossly over paid for a box of Star Wars stuff.

The guy contacted me on Craigslist and man, his basement is loaded with some greatness. But he wants a BIG price for it all. I was dealing with him on the phone at his dad's house where it is, so it was difficult. But we may be meeting up and as he said, "inventorying" it all.

I offered up nearly $1,000 and it's still not enough. I have no idea what he is thinking.
                        Oh,I'm sorry...Didn't mean to sound like a jerk or anything I was just saying that there are alot of deals out there as well as wayyy overpriced stuff...just gotta get lucky i guess...you'll find some good scores this year i'm sure

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

picked up the GI Joe AT mobile command center today for $55.00 at a flea market. i wa shappy, i have had my eye on getting one of these for a while, pretty decent shape too

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                            • Nov 12, 2005

Another great day estate selling!!!

For .20 cents each - 25 redline Hot Wheels (ok condition)

$1 each - 2 vintage NFL bobbleheads (Washington and Atlanta)

$50 - a ton of more vintage Barbies

$25 - 4 vintage "Story Book" dolls

$5 - Matchbox carrying case full of slot cars

Plus, just some other rare stuff, i.e. McCoy Pottery, vintage movie/still cameras
                            sigpic

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                              • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                              I made a huge gamble today. For $30 a piece, I bought 40 Anri pieces (thats right $1200!!!). I am hoping to atleast double my money

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/386bc4cb.jpg
                              This collection of Anri's I bought last weekend for $1200, I sold them today for $2900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (minus ebay fees )
                              sigpic

Comment

• Duncan
                                Museum focus-groupie
                                • Jun 27, 2009

Decent day at a neighborhood sale. I went to the house of the woman who made my wedding cake almost 12 years ago, and thanked her again. It was a good cake. At other houses, I snagged a few Build-a-Bears for my kids, and 6 recent MIB Barbies. The Barbies are Disney Characters & special editions. I paid $5 each; they still had price tags in the $30 range. They'll be donated to Holiday Wish at X-mas. I also got 2 pots of black raspberry vines...which will probably feed the deer. Oh, I almost forgot - I got an Ohio State Fathead (OSU logo) for $2.
                                Last edited by Duncan; May 6, '12, 9:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎