Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Had a great day today at yard sales!
    Picked up a Mego Friar Tuck & a Gabriel Lone ranger for a quarter each, five 1977 Star wars 7-11 Coke Cups for a nickle apiece, a bagful of superhero Pez for $2.00, some vintage TMNT plush toys, 1980 John Lennon People Magazine, big box of 70s war comics, My buddy dolls, and assorted pieces of stuff.
    And at a church rummage sale, I found a box with the Marx Safari Hunter pieces in it..two men, jeep, tiger, lion, rhino, & crocodile...and an orange Marx Spiderman figure (but the base was damaged a bit). Jeep is beat up a bit, and the animals have some melt on a leg or two, but I couldn't complain over the price: $.75!

I'm afraid I used all my flea market karma up for the month.

Comment

• batmanrocks
      Career Member
      • Oct 20, 2004

I went yesterday and today and got some stuff, got 54 slot cars for $20.00, old lazer tag set and vest for $10, lego toy story 3 incinerator set complete for $5, original gameboy with games and extras $5 (was tons of fun playing it to), went to my local thrift store a few days ago and got a few of the old marx superheroes thor, capt america, hulk and spidey for $2.40

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
        • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by batmanrocks
        I went yesterday and today and got some stuff, got 54 slot cars for $20.00,
        She call the cops on you? You robbed her!!!!

I don't know if you keeping them or selling them, but I bought 12 slot cars last week for $5, sold them for $105.

My finds for this week are:

160gb 7th generation iPod - paid $30, sold for $135
        (2) pocket cameras (Sony & Olympus), paid $20 each, sold for $50 each
        (7) Salt water Rods & Reels set-ups - paid $150, value ???
        High-end Rifle Scope in the box - Paid $10, value ???
        sigpic

Comment

• batmanrocks
          Career Member
          • Oct 20, 2004

Yeah i couldn't believe when she said $20, there were a lot of multiples but for what i paid I wasnt worried, honestly I don't know squat about slot cars. I am definitely selling them

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

$15 total worth of sun-drenched and sinus-inflaming fun!!

It was hot, tons of flowers blooming, and people were in good moods because it rains 90% of the time and it was time to play in the sun, even if that meant sitting under a sun umbrella in front of a table.

I really, really lucked out because I got all four of the rare 60s Topper Go-Go dolls for only $6 total, basically because the lady who I bought them from said she didn't know what they were. She had tons of other stuff at HIGH ebay prices, which she apparently DID know what they were. Whew!
            The Annalee 90's mouse was $3, electronic wampa yeti .50, and most everything else for .25 or a big bundle of $1.50. (if you click the pick it'll list the prices in description, for the curious).

And a Chester Cheetos Subway bendy! I didn't even know they made those!
            Last edited by Splitty; May 15, '12, 4:59 PM.
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• megoat
              A Therefore Experience
              • Jun 10, 2003

Just picked up a big pile of 70s goodness. A contact of mine gave me a call saying she had something I may be interested in! Got all this for a great deal! Yay!

Joe is talking joe with pretty much the complete Pygmy gorilla set. Handful of Hot Wheels redlines in that basket of cars. Riddler and Wonder Woman are the nicest Megos in this lot. Just a great haul!

Comment

• megoscott
                Founding Partner
                • Nov 17, 2006

MIGHTY MEN MONSTER MAKER! My most wanted item one Christmas, no doubt. I also had that Geronimo. Geez, I had about half of everything in that pile.

Nice haul!!
                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• batmanrocks
                  Career Member
                  • Oct 20, 2004

I used to love that monster maker as kid, hours and hours of fun!!

Comment

• megoat
                    A Therefore Experience
                    • Jun 10, 2003

Bought an 80s toy graveyard today at a sale. $5 a box = $15. Lots of destroyed He Man and what not but some salvageable junk floating around--a bunch of Battle Beasts and Robo Force guys and just random 80s obscure action figure junk.....

Comment

• nobody
                      banjo!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Joker "Where does he get all those wonderful Toys"

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

I would have scarfed that up. My son and I are always grabbing bits and pieces from other lines and drafting them into service for SW and superheroes. If you have any thrashed he-man stuff with good torsos let me know. I still use them to frankenstein together bulky bodies. I just picked-up the black spider-looking thing with all six orange legs for $1.99 on my lunch hour. Austin displays his custom Venom in it and it looks pretty cool.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                          70's Era Pimp
                          • Sep 7, 2011

I do love that Mighty Men & Monster maker. Always wanted one as a kid. Nice.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Not finding anything at Garage/Yard Sales...but my thrift store has been good to me recently. Today it was especially good to me:

Found a few other items like a complete Charlies Angels Puzzle, VHS WWF Survivor Series with the Hulk Hogan anti-smoking insert card, 6 Baseball Yearbooks from 1970 - 73 (Reds '70 and '71, Phillies '73, San Francisco Giants '73, LA Dodgers '73, Boston Red Sox '73), 3 New York Nets ABA Playoff Programs (71/72 (2) and 73/74 with Dr. J) and a New York Jets Yearbook from 1972 with Joe Namath and John Riggins on the cover. Also found a few 45's and 5 LP's. But the thing that blew me away was the fact that I found a Boxed Jetfire. I had to do a double take when I originally went by it. Pickin' has been slim at this thrift store for a while.

I may be bringing the Jetfire to the Meet. Not really much of a 80's Toy person. Anyone know what's missing from Jetfire? I know the gun is missing...but don't know anything about Transformers. BTW, Jetfire is white...only thing that has yellowed is one of the hands. You can probably see it in one of the pics.

I left stuff behind too. They had an Einstein Electronic game still in the box and 2 hand held football games...one was a head to head and the other was Electronic Quaterback. Also left behind a whole bunch of VHS's I know I could flip easily on ebay...and the fees wouldn't even hurt

Comment

• shazam7208
                              Career Member
                              • Oct 28, 2008

Great grab guys!

Comment

• batmanrocks
                                Career Member
                                • Oct 20, 2004

I know the jetfire if mising the connector piece that goes between the 2 booster, also the red armor pieces there are 2 one for each arm, also the 2 red flat pieces that connect hole the leg armor on, i think that it is

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎