X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Loved it!
    Great acting, perfect directing, good story.
    I normally hate prequels, but this one is spot on. Great to see some of the classic characters like Havock and Banshee (though they should have made him Irish!), and the movie is very faithful to the whole X-Men universe.
    Loved Jackman's cameo, just right.

As said here by others, Fassbender is terrific (you'd really join Magneto without hesitation!), and I enjoyed the use of original languages (German, French, Russian) spoken by several actors. I speak German and French, and their accents and pronounciations were excellent (for a change). I hate it when writers want to be all fancy and use a foreign language, and then get it all wrong. In the comics, Nightcrawler often says "Mein Leibchen", which is not "my love" but "my tiny body" or "my underwear". Aaaargh!!!! It's Liebchen!
    Bacon is very good, indeed, I'm surprised to see him in a genre film, but he plays it with gusto...

Excellent movie, and I want to see it again already...
    Last edited by Gorn Captain; Jun 9, '11, 12:35 PM.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Don't forget Spanish was also spoken during the Argentine bar scene as well...

sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
        Don't forget Spanish was also spoken during the Argentine bar scene as well...

True. And I guess Fassbender's German is so good because he's ..German...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎