X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by Megotu
    I HATE it when there I am toodling along in my automobile and some yahoo who has had a turn signal on for half a mile starts trying to edge into my lane. It's like this French Fry Guy has never heard of the rule that if ONE person gets in front of me, then I lose. Just the other day I had to accelerate and leave a 3 ft gap with the car in front of me when this Milk Shake for brains tries to creep into my lane.
    ... Sir, you win the internets!! Ima ship you a no-prize!

Comment

• Hotfoot
      Dazed and Confused
      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
      I had to look at where you lived, and it all made sense. I have lived in NY/NJ, Atlanta and Phoenix, and driven with the best and worst in between. I was literally telling someone today that in Georgia, a turn signal means "please speed up and cut me off". With out a doubt, it is worse there than anywhere else. My theory is that Georgia folks are so sugary sweet to each other in person all day, that when you take away that face to face contact, people become dog eat dog behind the wheel.
      Problem is they are so intent on sniffing each others rears that they dont leave enough of a gap to jump into!

Time to get me an F-650 Super Truck!
      Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• domino
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 16, 2007

I really hate to drive anymore. It seems like I can't go anywhere without having my blood pressure rise. Getting cut off, people not letting others in, running red lights, stop signs etc.

Back in 1999 I was driving a 1970 GMC Crew cab. It only got about 7 miles to the gallon on a good day but nobody ever came near me. It would cost an arm and a leg to drive today but I kind of miss that truck.

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

I am surprised people have not started decking out their rides with shark graphics on the front of their cars. Kind of like the old war planes. For every car wreck they cause they can put another star under their driver window.

Some people are just in a hurry to die.

Last edited by livnxxxl; Mar 19, '11, 6:03 AM.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

It's interesting - watch enough NASCAR, and you start to think in terms like "sheet-metal damage" and "tradin' paint." I'm just saying...

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

I HATE it when there I am toodling along in my automobile and some yahoo who has had a turn signal on for half a mile starts trying to edge into my lane. It's like this French Fry Guy has never heard of the rule that if ONE person gets in front of me, then I lose. Just the other day I had to accelerate and leave a 3 ft gap with the car in front of me when this Milk Shake for brains tries to creep into my lane.
              Explain your logic to me. I'm not a french fry and I don't see trying to get home as a race. If you are serious, please explain your logic in accelerating when "milk shake" is trying to get in.

It is pretty evident that your comment was made to make this thread contraversial. Everyone has ignored your comment; so explain your french fry and milkshake comment as though your IQ is higher than mine. For me, I'm just trying to get onto the highway from the merge ramp and presume that decent humans are compassionate and caring. This had nothing to do with intelligence so please give an explanation as to your thought process so I can better understand why it is important to you not to allow someone to merge in front of you...reducing your commute time by less than 20 seconds.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

I'll bite on your stupid comment and how it apparently relates to someone's IQ based on french fry and milkshake....I love the cliche overused Mickey D's references. So explain to me why you feel so good cutting a french fry off so you can get home 20 seconds faster....this post won't even need to be closed. If you even want to make a comment on IQ's specifically mine to yours...bring it on $1 menu.
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Duncan
                  Museum focus-groupie
                  • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by Adam West
                  Explain your logic to me. I'm not a french fry and I don't see trying to get home as a race. If you are serious, please explain your logic in accelerating when "milk shake" is trying to get in.

It is pretty evident that your comment was made to make this thread contraversial. Everyone has ignored your comment; so explain your french fry and milkshake comment as though your IQ is higher than mine. For me, I'm just trying to get onto the highway from the merge ramp and presume that decent humans are compassionate and caring. This had nothing to do with intelligence so please give an explanation as to your thought process so I can better understand why it is important to you not to allow someone to merge in front of you...reducing your commute time by less than 20 seconds.

I can't speak for the writer, but I took his comment to be a joke at the expense of the idiots who won't let anyone merge. "...if ONE person gets in front of me, then I lose." He may have been jerking Hotfoot's chain a bit, but I didn't read any hostility into the post. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍