Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Guns II- Billy the Kid really lived?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow great sites man,that Bill picture looks cool
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• csxernie
      choochooU grad
      • Aug 8, 2007

i have always wondered why they buried him fast, that night i believe. instead of putting him in some window for viewing. makes you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Comment

• Captain
        Fighting the good fight!
        • Jun 17, 2001

I love this stuff!

I'm one of the many that believes Brushy Bill really was Billy the Kid, but it always beg the question of how Pat Garrett, a good friend of Billys, could be fooled....or was he in on it...???

Face it, if you were one of these guys, the only way to try to escape to a normal life would be to fake your death?

Probably doesnt help matters that there were several individuals going by the name Billy the Kid back in the day. Some purporting to be the same Billy of the Lincoln county history, while others just went by the name. I'm sure there were similar issues with Jesse James (or any other popular character of the day). Most folks didnt know what these guys looked like at the time, going by drawings on wanted posters or newspapers. Any scmoe could ride into town, and say he was Jesse James, or whomever.

As for Tombstone, I was just there this last weekend. The OK corral itself is basically a hemmed off alley way, but you are correct John. The actual battle started at the corral, spilling out into an empty lot (now a town park, complete with gazebo) and into the street on the other side of Allen Street where Flys photography studio still stands.

For all of you fans of the old West, I strongly urge you (if you havent already) to visit Tombstone. Especially during Helldorado days or the Gunfighter Rendevous event. This town still looks and feels as it did in the 1880's. The streets, buildings, everything are almost exactly as they were in the day. You can walk into the Bird Cage Theater and still see the bullet holes in the roof, see the Faro table where Ringo and Doc had their famous argument...its all there. If you go during either of the events I mentioned, you will see dozens of folks dressed in period garb. There are stagecoaches and chuck wagons to ride in, and Allen steet (where most of these great places are) is closed off to traffic....except for horses, and the wagons mentioned. It's really easy to forget you are in the year 2007. As close as you can get to time travel!
        Also of note, it's legal to wear a sidearm in Arizona, so when you see these dudes dressed up and walking around town packing pistols, you have to remember they are not fake! On Saturday night I heard gunshots on Allen street and just thought it was something to do with the re-enactments that occur at the ok corral site, and the Helldorado site....Turns out a couple guys, drunk of course, got into a fight over a card game. They took the fight outside where they started whooping and hollering at each other while firing shots into the air.....The Tombstone Marshals (of whom there are a lot of for such a small town) took them into custody. Scary.....but cool!

If anyone would like to volunteer to post them here (I just cant get the picture posting thing to work) I could supply some pictures....It really is the town "too tough to die"!
        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

If Billy the kid didn't really die then Garrett must have been in on it.
          He and Billy were friends and i'm sure it would've been hard for Pat to pull the trigger on him.
          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎