X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • draconianguard
    #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
    • Mar 12, 2004

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
    Only concerts I ever go to are Ozzfest....but then again 10-15 bands playing from noon to midnight....can't beat that
    I prefer club shows to arena shows, but went to a couple this year. Ozzfest was great. Behemoth,Hatebreed and Lamb Of God were the highlights IMO. Ozzy really can't do it anymore. His voice was off and forgot the lyrics to Crazy Train. But, Sharon needs more jewelry, so he can't retire yet I also saw Queensryche, Alice Cooper and Heaven And Hell (aka Black Sabbath Mob Rules line up with Dio and Appice) last Friday. Queensryche started late and played a short set. They sounded great, but was hoping to hear a few more songs. Alice Cooper stole the show. I never saw him live and sorry I waited so long to see him. At 59, he can still sing and move like he did 30 years ago. He palyed everything I wanted to hear except for Man Behind The Mask. Eric Singer was on drums which was a bonus. As expected, an awesome stage show as well. Heaven And Hell sounded good, but were way too loud. They had a cool castle / video screen set. I was very dissapointed they did not play the 3 songs I wanted to hear: Lady Evil, Neon Knights and The Devil Cried. There was also no encore.
    Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
      Only concerts I ever go to are Ozzfest....but then again 10-15 bands playing from noon to midnight....can't beat that
      About 10 years back I was working at the Tweeter center in Mansfield Mass doing concert security and had the privledge of sharing the stage with Ozzy at Ozzfest. They had just started using the high powered water cannon in the show and where the pump for it was placed made an easy access to the stage. Being 6'5" and 320# qualified me for the job of "stopper" for anyone who tried to take the easy way up on stage. I figured 1 or 2 tries for the night, man was I wrong! After the first two songs they just kept coming 1 after another. It was unbelievable! Two or Three people for each of the last like 8 numbers. One of the heads of Ozzy's security actually asked me if I'd be interested in a job. We had just had my daughter and I kindly accepted the compliment but declined the job. I did get to meet Ozzy, not that you could understand a freakin word he said. That is one thing they did not set up for his reality show, he really does speak that way. I did get to talk to his drummer at the time, we had both just had daughters about two weeks apart and found it as a common ground for a conversation during sound checks. My heart was still pounding two hours after the show was over. It was probably the highlight of my two years working security there. Probably the best job I've ever had but also the worst pay.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I went to OzzFest this yr too... It was ok... But man, if you wanna see a good Band,.. you gotta go see Velvet Revolver !!! Pics comming soon,... I was about 10to20 feet from the stage,.. Man was it fantastic ! Tthey also played quite a few G&R, AS well as STP songs.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎