Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Cardinals fan here as well. I went to the opening day game with my daughter when Pujols came back in April 2022. It was surreal to see him out there again and the crowds went nuts.

Won't be going to this home opener, and also I'm kind of worried we are going to see another 2023 season :(
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by warlock664

Hey, I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but they just won in 2021 !
      Oh I know, I was just being a smarty donkey. All kidding aside, I would like to see the Orioles make a run at it or the Tigers, or maybe even Seattle, they’ve never played in the World Series, I think there the only franchise in the whole league that’s never been to a World Series.

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by MRP

Well you have a new team owner officially as of today. I think the Orioles are at the beginning of a good run. You can never count on WS titles no matter how good your team looks (ask the Dodgers), but I think as long as they avoid injuries to that young core they have the makings of a team that's going to have a good successful run for 5-10 years of being contenders every season.

-M
        Well said. I'll be keeping an eye on things to be sure. Last season was exciting. I'm not a religious fan, but like to see my team succeed.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• shaunaconda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by Jmass

I was very happy for Rangers fans last year. As much as we Cardinals fans love 2011, it had to be agonizing for Rangers faithful. I like Ron Washington and hope he does well with his new team. A friend and I have been taking trips to watch the Cardinals play in different cities for the last several years. Last year was Arlington. Really enjoyed Rangers Stadium and had a great time. Good luck this year, hope your pitchers stay healthy.
          Yeah thanks! Always got to worry about the pitching. But they do have a heck of an offensive lineup.
          I like going to various ballparks myself when I can. Back in 2013 I did go to Busch Stadium and saw them play the Cubs, which was great!

Comment

• Jmass
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 19, 2006

Happy first day of baseball season!

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

What ballparks have people been to?

Many of the parks I saw games at have been replaced since then (most of my baseball travel was in the late 80s and early 90s).

I've been to a ton of games at Fenway, a few when I was a kid, but mostly when I was at university in Boston and not many since.

I've been to games at Shea Stadium and the old Jack Murphy Padres stadium that have both been replaced.

I did a game at Camden Yards the second season it was open, and games at Anaheim Stadium and Dodger Stadium on the same trip I went to the Murph. I've also been to several minor league parks, but that's it for major league stadiums.

I did visit and do the tour at the Milwaukee stadium in 1990 when I was at Gen Con when it was in Milwaukee, but the Brewers were on a road trip when I was there, so didn't get to catch a game there.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Jmass
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 19, 2006

I really wanted to visit Fenway last time the Cardinals were there. I think it would be amazing. We went to spring training this year. Went and saw the Cards play at their field and at the complex the Nationals and Astros share. The Nationals/Astros complex is beautiful. Had a great time and got to see Angel Hernandez throw Lance Linn out of the game, out of the bullpen, and off the field! It was quite a show. Later I was standing behind the seats, turned around and there was Dusty Baker visiting with a couple of gals that were next to me! Seemed like a nice gentleman to me. Great trip. This summer Minnesota is a likely choice for us.

Comment

• Jmass
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jan 19, 2006

Welp, that stunk. Dodgers didn’t break a sweat. 7-1 LA. Top of the order killed Mikolas whose ERA now rests at a perfect 10.38 - nowhere to go but up tomorrow! Hope your teams did better.

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Welp, that stunk. Dodgers didn’t break a sweat. 7-1 LA. Top of the order killed Mikolas whose ERA now rests at a perfect 10.38 - nowhere to go but up tomorrow! Hope your teams did better.
                    It was all just Goldschmidt for the Cardinals today... hard to come back from 7-1 when only one guy has all three hits on the day.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Jmass
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jan 19, 2006

Originally posted by drquest

It was all just Goldschmidt for the Cardinals today... hard to come back from 7-1 when only one guy has all three hits on the day.
                      You got that right. Funny, Goldschmidt arguably had the worst spring training too. Hoping for a better showing tomorrow.

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

And new Red Sox OF (and formal Cardinal) Tyler O'Neil just set an MLB record by homering in his 5th straight Opening Day game.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• shaunaconda
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by MRP
                          What ballparks have people been to?

Many of the parks I saw games at have been replaced since then (most of my baseball travel was in the late 80s and early 90s).

I've been to a ton of games at Fenway, a few when I was a kid, but mostly when I was at university in Boston and not many since.

I've been to games at Shea Stadium and the old Jack Murphy Padres stadium that have both been replaced.

I did a game at Camden Yards the second season it was open, and games at Anaheim Stadium and Dodger Stadium on the same trip I went to the Murph. I've also been to several minor league parks, but that's it for major league stadiums.

I did visit and do the tour at the Milwaukee stadium in 1990 when I was at Gen Con when it was in Milwaukee, but the Brewers were on a road trip when I was there, so didn't get to catch a game there.

-M
                          I’ve been to a few MLB Ballparks. It’s something I really think about when I plan a summer vacation. I’ve been to:
                          Three Ranger ballparks
                          Minute Maid a few times
                          Shea Stadium
                          Old Yankee Stadium
                          Busch
                          Great American-Cincinnati
                          Chase Field-Arizona
                          Dodger Stadium
                          Kauffman Stadium-KC

Would eventually like to go to all of them someday!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

WOW!! Diamondbacks put an opening day thrashing on the Rockies 16-1 a 12 run 3rd inning.

Ballparks I’ve been too, Fenway, old Yankee stadium, Shea Stadium, Joe Robbie Stadium, Marlins inaugural season, Dodger Stadium and Anaheim Stadium and old Olympic Stadium in Montreal (Expos) I would like to visit Wrigley Field and Oracle Park in San Francisco.

Comment

• Jmass
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 19, 2006

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              WOW!! Diamondbacks put an opening day thrashing on the Rockies 16-1 a 12 run 3rd inning.

Ballparks I’ve been too, Fenway, old Yankee stadium, Shea Stadium, Joe Robbie Stadium, Marlins inaugural season, Dodger Stadium and Anaheim Stadium and old Olympic Stadium in Montreal (Expos) I would like to visit Wrigley Field and Oracle Park in San Francisco.
                              I would have loved to see Cards/Expos in Olympic Stadium. That’s very cool.

Braves were a close second to the Cardinals for me in the early 1980s. We were probably the last family in the last small town in Missouri to get cable TV. Our channel selection rose from 3 to a whopping 12! I immediately locked onto WTBS and began watching Braves baseball nightly. My favorite player was Bob Horner. I’m going to do this from memory TrekStar - try not to laugh too hard! Braves position players circa 1980 - C - Bruce (Eggs) Benedict, 1B - Chris Chambliss, 2B - Glen (Mother) Hubbard, 3B - Horner, SS - Rafael Ramirez, LF - Ed Miller, Ruffino Linares, or Brett Butler, CF - Dale Murphy, RF - Claudell Washington. Pitchers I recall were Phil Niekro, Gaylord Perry, Gene Garber, John Montefusco, and ex Cardinal Al Hrabosky. Had a lot of fun watching those guys.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

I would have loved to see Cards/Expos in Olympic Stadium. That’s very cool.

Braves were a close second to the Cardinals for me in the early 1980s. We were probably the last family in the last small town in Missouri to get cable TV. Our channel selection rose from 3 to a whopping 12! I immediately locked onto WTBS and began watching Braves baseball nightly. My favorite player was Bob Horner. I’m going to do this from memory TrekStar - try not to laugh too hard! Braves position players circa 1980 - C - Bruce (Eggs) Benedict, 1B - Chris Chambliss, 2B - Glen (Mother) Hubbard, 3B - Horner, SS - Rafael Ramirez, LF - Ed Miller, Ruffino Linares, or Brett Butler, CF - Dale Murphy, RF - Claudell Washington. Pitchers I recall were Phil Niekro, Gaylord Perry, Gene Garber, John Montefusco, and ex Cardinal Al Hrabosky. Had a lot of fun watching those guys.
                                When I went to Olympic stadium Montreal they were playing the Dodgers and some guy named Pedro Martinez was pitching. Olympic Stadium was really nothing to write home about, basically a cookie cutter indoor stadium artificial turf field, but still nostalgic. Nice memory on the 80’s Braves, Dale Murphy was my favorite player then, until Chipper Jones started playing, to this day Chipper is still my all time favorite player. Hoping the Braves have another successful season and make it back to the World Series.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎