Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

is there really a Obsolete skill? What is gonna happen when there are no more LOCKSMITHS? The way things are going it seems likely.

There used to be a shop that sold and repaired TYPEWRITERS in Oak Park (Suburb) and sadly it went away. IN the double-Naughts, the law firm I worked at used Dictaphones and they constantly broke down, there was a geezer down the street that repaired them. If he goes, what then? Sure you can have all yer digital crap, but if all this so called Obsolete stuff goes away then what?

I have heard LATIN is a dying language as it is not used, and the sad part is there are several First Nation languages that are at risk in dying out as no one speaks them and no one is making the effort to document them for prosperity.

I still use CASSETTES to make play lists for my (Sony) Walkman and I still use my VCR! In fact I have about FOUR in the fortress of solitude (Storage unit) as Back-up! And before you ask I also have a CD-Walkman too! HA!

In the 90's when I was still tape trading I had two VCR's connected-Ping-Ponged so one played and the other recorded. Miss those days...

my Paramour was shocked(?) or maybe startled(?!?!?!) when I gave her a HAND WRITTEN LETTER!! In her 29 years on the planet, she had NEVER Written a letter!! Sadly she lives on her phone texting, which I hate and don't do!!! And personally I still find JOY in writing a letter. Something so cathartic!

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter ( and posted it?)?

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I can write cursive. They don't even teach kids how to do that anymore.

That is pretty sad, so they just teach them to only print????

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

High School photography class, we had a darkroom and all of that stuff. Was a lot of fun actually.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan

That is pretty sad, so they just teach them to only print????
          Most schools don't even do that.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎