WandaVision

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor_ep
    replied
    Alas since I have my connection from Comic Book stores I would have done the same thing. You cannot fault CBS for this. A throw-a-way comic book comes back & for those stores who have had it in there back issue bins they deserver some kickback. Heck I have that run in my boxes, but I am going to wait till the end to see how close it comes.

The West Coast Avengers run with the White Vision is next to go up.

Leave a comment:

• thunderbolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Axe
    I'm pretty sure we're all going to be disappointed looking for a special appearance.

Bettany's quote about an actor he's admired all his life appearing likely he's referring to himself to throw everyone off. He says they share some sparks so I'm guessing both Vision versions battle it out. Then Wanda merges Vision's conscience into the newly created body that isn't being held together by chaos magic to bring him back to the MCU in reality.

There's no big bad guy to reveal, its simply Agatha and Heyward.

I fear all of the speculation and online theories, as fun as they are, were just that. I'm not anticipating a huge finale.
    Elizabeth Olsen said there's a Luke Skywalker event in the finale so we will see.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Meanie
    replied
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    ^The revelations in this episode confirm that the comedy aspects are far more tragic than funny. I never minded the sitcom homages at all, because I knew they were there for a reason, but although I guessed it was part of Wanda's past, I never knew it would be so heartbreaking.

And I haven't looked, but i bet the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series back issues have gone up as well.

Chris
    The Maxi Series has gone up more than the mini series. Especially issue #12 of the Maxi Series. To see the gains though in WCA # 45 is just ridiculous in my opinion. I think it gained about $100 over what it was selling for. This was a run that nobody cared about before...but now that it is tied to the TV series it's gone "stupid" IMHO. It's what really puts me off about today's so called collector. It's more about speculation than it is about actually reading the comic and enjoying the story. I resisted for years getting the Byrne run because he kind of has been a ****** in the last 10 years or so. Sometimes it's a good thing not to meet some of the people you admire in the comic industry. I've never met Byrne...but have heard just absolute horror stories about how he is in real life. I liken it to when I met Pete Townsend in person at a signing and he was a complete AHole. Put me off EVER buying any Who CD's...and I LOVE the Who...just not Pete. To this day I haven't bought any Who CD's or compilations.

Leave a comment:

• Random Axe
    replied
    I'm pretty sure we're all going to be disappointed looking for a special appearance.

Bettany's quote about an actor he's admired all his life appearing likely he's referring to himself to throw everyone off. He says they share some sparks so I'm guessing both Vision versions battle it out. Then Wanda merges Vision's conscience into the newly created body that isn't being held together by chaos magic to bring him back to the MCU in reality.

There's no big bad guy to reveal, its simply Agatha and Heyward.

I fear all of the speculation and online theories, as fun as they are, were just that. I'm not anticipating a huge finale.
    Last edited by Random Axe; Feb 27, '21, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• monitor_ep
    replied
    white vision.jpgEvJfwSeXcAIBsfm.jpg

This white Vision is based on West Coast Avengers #42-44 and the Anti-Vision storyline from Marvel Comics. He was rebuilt without his ties to his emotional base.

Now if the show goes Anti-Vision than that will be a different story:
    It has been stated that this version is an evil version of the Vision. It should be noted that this is a very relevant aspect of this character. He has displayed severely delinquent behavior and taken obvious pleasure in the pain and discomfort of others. He has also shown much more emotion than 616 Vision, especially in the range of cruelty.
    Anti Vision.jpg
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 27, '21, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nostalgiabuff
    replied
    i saw the post credit scene but not having read any of those comics i don't know what it means. great episode though. glad they fleshed out her backstory as they wouldn't have time in the movies for anything like that

Leave a comment:

• drquest
    replied
    Cool episode and make sure you stay past the credits!

Just saying...

Leave a comment:

• jwyblejr
    replied
    Haven't heard anything about a Season 2. This is suppose to be a one and done series.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    ^The revelations in this episode confirm that the comedy aspects are far more tragic than funny. I never minded the sitcom homages at all, because I knew they were there for a reason, but although I guessed it was part of Wanda's past, I never knew it would be so heartbreaking.

And I haven't looked, but i bet the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series back issues have gone up as well.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Blue Meanie
    replied
    Favorite episode so far. Only thing I don't like about this episode is that it drive up the price on West Coast Avengers #45. One of the few issues in the Byrne run I don't have yet. Didn't think much of it and thought it was just going to be a "blip" as far as price on that book. Since this episode dropped...prices are STUPID right now.

Longer episode and I'd love to get some thoughts on the opening of the episode...but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't seen this yet. Finale for season one is definitely going to be interesting. One other thing...Thank God they went away from the "TV Series" look of the show. It got really tedious and boring. I think that is why I have enjoyed the last 3 episodes so far. Less comedy and more story. Just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• MRP
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Axe
    Well, this new episode was...odd. We got lots of background info but nothing really happened. The revelation at the end was kinda cool, though. They better really nail the finale cause I feel like I've been strung along for what will be a disappointing ending.
    I've been saying for several weeks that I think the only thing that will be resolved in the finale is the situation in the Westview Hex. The larger issues will be threads running through this next phase of the MCU. That's pretty much been the MO of the MCU since the beginning. Resolve the immediate plot but use everything else to set up through lines for the future.

-M

Leave a comment:

• Random Axe
    replied
    Well, this new episode was...odd. We got lots of background info but nothing really happened. The revelation at the end was kinda cool, though. They better really nail the finale cause I feel like I've been strung along for what will be a disappointing ending.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Wow, still reeling from some of the stuff in this last one. Lots of things explained, but it still posited more questions than answers, which is great, but I REALLY hope they can stick the landing next week. A lot to wrap up, unless they are going to make us wait for some of the answers in Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Some of that is to be expected, but I hope we get some sense of closure with the finale. They haven't disappointed yet...

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    Only watch if you like to see stuff you might have missed, and some possible spoilers.
    I really enjoy ScreenCrush's content. Some his theories are a bit...reaching at times, but he dives so deep, I don't mind it.

Love these two characters from way back. Wish I has Disney +.
    In two weeks, get it for a month and binge it. Or wait till Falcon and Winter Solider is over, and binge both.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    Love these two characters from way back. Wish I has Disney +.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎