Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Small soda.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

OK I have finally watched Captain America Civil War and it was great. I am getting a little tired of comic book characters getting killed just for story purpose. Why did they have to kill the Soviet Super-Soldiers and Cross-Bones? I would have loved to see that movie:

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Teemu
          Cap wins in every way
          Doesn't he always in the end

Yeah Cavill is perfect in every way but one, if only he were taller. I know I'm just being picky. Maybe he could wear lifts the way Tom Crusie does When I think of Superman I think of super, bigger and taller than the average hero, certainly taller than Batman but man does he ever look the character. Give him a good Superman script and he'd nail it! I certainly don't trash his Superman versions but it could just be so close to perfect given a better script and director. I blame it all on WB.

Do yourself a favor if you love superheroes Hec, buy a big popcorn and soda and go enjoy yourself. I really think you would! It's worth the price of a ticket at least once! I'd love to hear your review of it ( good, bad or mediocre) once actually seen on the big screen. You've been a pretty good judge of a film critic so far.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Hec, I'll make you a deal. I haven't seen CIVIL WAR. You haven't seen CIVIL WAR. Let's make a deal to go see it on Memorial Day; a good a day as any to watch one of WWII's comic book legends duking it out with some other super types (and I'll lay even odds that Stark never gets a fist, much less an iron glove anywhere near Steve Rogers' perfect teeth).
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• haggis
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 17, 2008

IMO, Civil War is the best "Avengers" movie so far. The overall feel of the film is closer to that of the comics of the late 60's and 70's with teams that didn't always rely on gods and monsters and battled, somewhat, more conventional villains from time to time. I also enjoyed the Civil War story arc in the comics. Can't wait to watch this again.
              No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Just got back from seeing Civil War and thought it was excellent. They really put allot of thoughtful character development into this and really studied the motivations from a social, political, and personal level with each of these heroes. The direction certainly raises the bar on where this is headed for the next Avengers film. It was epic seeing Spider-man portrayed in such classic comic fashion. Still pinching myself on that one.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Finally saw it this weekend (along with X-Men)...and I really liked them both, but CA:CW much more so. Pretty much agree with most of the positive remarks above regarding most of the main characters. Cap has been my favorite character in the Marvel movie universe so far, and Evans hits it home once again. As others have already stated, I also walked away a bit disappointed with Stark's flimsy motivation and subsequent actions. Black Panther was done very well, and Antman fit in just fine with the rest of the crew.

And, like many here, this is by far my favorite depiction of Spider-Man on the big screen so far, visually as well as characterization. Really looking forward to Homecoming next year (Please, let's not revisit the origin story, let's just hit the ground running. Oh, and no falling damsels please, it's been done to death in the first 5 installments...THANKS!).

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Finally saw it myself last night. Gonna have to disagree with a few of the previous posters. I liked Stark in this, and I was torn on the two of them as to which way the Avengers should respond to the accords -- I really did see it both ways and went back and forth. The younger, hardline on the ideals me was with Cap, while the older, more realistic me was with Tony. Until the revelation, and then, for the first time EVER, I really felt like "Screw you, Rogers!" I get why he did it, but he owed Stark more than that.

Really good movie, and a real improvement over Age of Ultron as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

I think stark was motivated by guilt...because he is the one that created Ultron. Tony is the one that needs supervision.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^If I have one complaint about the movie, it's that Ultron wasn't thrown in Tony's face enough. BUT, they were trying to do what the comics didn't, and make the split more balanced and less black and white.

I said it weeks ago, but Tony is way too into his own head for his own good. He's constantly being motivated by some emotional reaction and following headlong into it...which is how we got Ultron in the first place. He's a fascinating and very flawed hero in that respect. But by the end of this film, he's essentially the bully that Cap won't tolerate. He even whines like bully's often do when they are whupped. I thought that was very subtle and poetic.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^If I have one complaint about the movie, it's that Ultron wasn't thrown in Tony's face enough. BUT, they were trying to do what the comics didn't, and make the split more balanced and less black and white.

I said it weeks ago, but Tony is way too into his own head for his own good. He's constantly being motivated by some emotional reaction and following headlong into it...which is how we got Ultron in the first place. He's a fascinating and very flawed hero in that respect. But by the end of this film, he's essentially the bully that Cap won't tolerate. He even whines like bully's often do when they are whupped. I thought that was very subtle and poetic.

Chris
                          Well said Chris!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Picked up the Blu-ray yesterday.
                            The usual set of extras for a Marvel/Disney disc... commentary, a few featurettes, deleted scenes, gag reel. Also a short look at the Doctor Strange movie.
                            (Lamentably, those cool Marvel short films that used to be on the releases seem to have become a thing of the past.)
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I know, I used to love the one-shots. They added real value to the blu ray.

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                Picked up the Blu-ray yesterday.
                                What places broke street date?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢