Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR: Reviews and discussion of the movie, NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

That's kind of spoiler-ish, drquest.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Just got back, really enjoyed it but left kind of hating Tony Stark a little.
      Yeah, but I think it's a natural progression of the character. I mentioned this in the spoiler thread (don't worry, won't reveal anything), but Tony's been way too inside his own massive ego since his first film. It's caused lots of problems, really.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

There are so many similar themes addressed in Cap: CW and BvS. But CW handles them so much more gracefully, with great writing, great acting, and HUMOR. Yes, HUMOR. As always, there are funny lines that lighten even the heaviest of moments.

Not to beat a dead horse, but this film made me realize how truly wrong-headed BvS was, in both concept and execution.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

Wow, saw it last night and just loved it. IMO it's the best superhero movie ever made yet! Evans IS Captain America. Yeah, I came away kind of feeling a bit of hate towards Stark myself as others have mentioned. Seeing Black Panther on screen was fantastic. Spidey was just kind of ok to me, Fun but not so great.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by MegoSteve
            That's kind of spoiler-ish, drquest.

Really? It's not been a secret she's Aunt May since she was cast a long time ago. It's not a plot, not a twist of the plot, it's a known character.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Oh, it's not a huge deal, but it wasn't something I knew before I saw the movie.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Firstly, this CIVIL WAR movie is much better than the "who's doing what to who unnecessary spy-film overdose" of WINTER SOLDIER.

Secondly, this movie worked my emotions the way a real ambitious movie should. The first AVENGERS movie just didn't do that. Just Spidey's words during his first full scene almost brought tears to my eyes alone---and, yet there was real funny stuff there too.

And, the BvS comparison? It's just not even fair----obviously someone actually tightened the script before CIVIL WAR went into production.

Other than that---it's very MUCH a good comparison---almost "apples to apples".

IMHO, from a storytelling standpoint, CIVIL WAR isn't an AVENGERS movie---nor is it a CAPTAIN AMERICA movie, as much as it is a CAPTAIN AMERICA v IRON MAN movie.

And, the backstory underlying the conflict---well, let's just say it makes much more sense, and it aids the action/visuals in a way that leaves BvS with it's pant's down----or, um body armor down----or whatever those DC guys are wearing these days.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Not to beat a dead horse, but this film made me realize how truly wrong-headed BvS was, in both concept and execution.
                  I predicted this on the boards when BvS was released (that many would feel this way) and that this sentiment would fuel both CW's box-office AND reviews---and, now, I'm pretty sure it's actually happening.
                  Last edited by huedell; May 8, '16, 3:00 AM.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

I was absolutely blown away. Best Marvel movie ever IMO. What amazed me the most was how the film managed to effortlessly juggle twelve superheroes at once while BvS struggled to handle three.

The fight scenes were amazing. Seeing a true John Romita Spider-Man in action made my inner child very, very happy. Can't wait to see it again.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Going to see it again today and am just as excited about seeing it the second time as I was the first time !!!!!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Saw it again last night, and enjoyed it even more. I know I'm still giddy, but this may be the best Marvel film yet, and definitely one of the best comic adaptations. Period.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I am envisioning a screening room filled with Warner executives watching Civil War. Credits roll. Lights come up.

Stunned, prolonged silence.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Not surprisingly, the movie did better over it's first 3 days than BvS.

Box Office Mojo has Cap's 3-day estimated take at $181,791,000, while BvS made $166,007,347 in it's first three days.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 3, 2002

We took the whole fam as well and everyone loved it. How could you not? It really had everything.
                              Mortui Vivos Docent
                              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Have not seen the flick yet.

Signed, jealous and disgruntled DC fan...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎