Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Should I bring up the Flash's super-speed vs. Superman's and really get him going?

Nah, I won't.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I will admit, I wish they'd address some of the legal issues with the prison. A court order granting STAR Labs special status to hold these "meta-humans" being mentioned is all it would take. These types of story shortcuts are one of the holdovers from Smalliville, and one of the things that even drove me nuts about it. By focusing so much on Joe and the police, the creators invite these criticisms, and really should address them.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

The Cold guy isn't ruining the show for me or anything but to me, it's a bad John Lithgow impersonation, like "Cliffhanger" John Lithgow.

I really don't know how an actor is supposed to play Captain Cold, he's pretty one note from my brief dalliance with him so if this guy goes a bit camp, it's ok. It's better than another countless "Sin City" Knock off like on other shows I guess.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

you know what, it's a fun show and I don't care about the plot holes. the characters and actors are all likable and they all do what they are written to do. it's mindless entertainment and that is all I look for in TV

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
            learning all the time
            • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by madmarva
            As for Flash dealing with such low-level villains when he basically has the power of a god, I'd say in the context of the show, he's just figuring it all out and doesn't know what he can or can't do. Wells has guided him to use his powers in a way that suits Wells' needs, not to make him the most efficient crime-fighter or practicianer of super speed. Wells may be purposely holding Barry back.

As for the comics, I've read the idea that Barry subconsciously governed his power based on the circumstances to stay in touch with humanity. He just sorta played with the Rouges Gallery, who never really hurt anyone wit h their schemes in silver-age comics. The idea does have holes but it works well enough for me to explain the variances in Flash's powers.
            I don't mind that concept. it's sort of like how Flash was portrayed on the Justice League cartoons, a bit of a wiseguy. I never read any Flash comics, Capt. Cold always sounded goofy to me. maybe that's the biggest obstacle to this show- coming up with interesting villains for him!
            and yes the prison with no trial is very un p.c. but c'mon, they're dangerous AND guilty! where else can they be detained?

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              you know what, it's a fun show and I don't care about the plot holes. the characters and actors are all likable and they all do what they are written to do. it's mindless entertainment and that is all I look for in TV
              nothing wrong with that.
              but I guess my problem with some of it is that it's inconsistent- some things are very well thought out with great attention to detail and other things... it's like the writers said, "ah, it's a superhero show! who cares if it makes any sense!"
              Smallville was the same way. one week would be phenomenal and the next week

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

yeah, I guess you have to just accept some stuff in the context of it being a super hero show. If you can control the weather, why rob banks? You could make more money making it rain in Los Angeles or from the state to put out wildfires. Got a gun that creates absolute cold? The medical community has cash to throw at you!
                It falls under the same category as the Riddler creating a giant death trap to kill Batman & Robin, but not staying around to watch it happen. Or spending the money to create said death trap only to steal some trivial item you could never unload that is worth less than you spent.

But I will agree a gun that shoots gold is pretty stupid.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
                  I may be the only person who likes Wentworth's delivery, lol.
                  You're not the only one...I think he's hysterical. I like his cocky portrayal...
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    You're not the only one...I think he's hysterical. I like his cocky portrayal...
                    Agreed. Wentworth really created a persona for CC. there's a sincerity to his smarminess. If he really is going to be a regular on the spinoff show he will only get better. I cannot express how much I dig this show. I've never purchased a TV box set dvd, but this will be my first.
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      I will admit, I wish they'd address some of the legal issues with the prison. A court order granting STAR Labs special status to hold these "meta-humans" being mentioned is all it would take. These types of story shortcuts are one of the holdovers from Smalliville, and one of the things that even drove me nuts about it. By focusing so much on Joe and the police, the creators invite these criticisms, and really should address them.

Chris
                      Exactly.

All I need is one simple explanation as to why it's okay to keep the baddies in Wells' prison...and I'll be quite content...and never complain about it ever again, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Should I bring up the Flash's super-speed vs. Superman's and really get him going?

Nah, I won't.
                        sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

The gold gun chick was beyond ridiculous, but the actress Peyton List was terrific in The Tomorrow People as Cara, as was Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell in Prison Break. I can only think there is very little there for them character wise in the script. Captain Cold, the Hot gun dude and Gold gun chick, not really much there creatively. The fact the Captain Cold has to rely on Cisco to be Captain Cold is lame in itself, without his gun he is just guy lol. These 3 are not meta humans and the rational that they would stand any chance against a guy who can run at super speed is a bit of a stretch.

Originally posted by Hector
                          So the hot and cold dudes take on an armed mob just like that, Mano-a-Mano, without their weapons...and make them tremble?

Okay, now once Cisco builds their super guns again (and that ridiculous gold gun for the chick)...they go after the brother of the previous gangsters.

My second question...ok...they have those powerful guns...but are they invincible themselves?

I'm a great shot...I'd stand way back...hidden...and I'd take careful aim...and I guarantee...I'd hit one with my Glock right between the eyes...super gun or no super gun...

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

In the comics the majority of the Flash's Rogues Gallery aren't meta-humans...just bank robbers with fancy weapons. Even the magician Abra Kadabra is just using super-science from the 64th century that looks like magic to someone in the 20th century.
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Golden Glider's gold gun was a bit...silly, but would you have rather she wore her ice skates?

She was portrayed here like the old GL villain Goldface, whom Johns roped into the Flash Rogues Gallery as a supporting player during his run.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

I personally wouldn't have minded seeing her in the skaters outfit & skates!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎