• EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

New Marvel shows on Netflix?

Apologies if this was discussed elsewhere:

• madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

This kinda trumps an Hourman series being developed by CW, doesn't it.

Daredevil could be a great TV series, imo, spring boarding off the work of Miller.

Another version of the story. http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...fenders-series

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

More details here:

Sounds good to me, I've been a Netflix user since 2004 and have streamed for the last few. Hopefully, given the venue, it will be edgier than network fare.. but with Disney, that's still probably a long shot.

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Info here as well:

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Sigh...so now I have to cave and get on Netflix. Dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century once more.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I posted when it was announced there would be four new shows, but they had not announced what they would be.

From Deadline.com- http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/marvel-preps-60-episode-package-of-four-series-a-mini-for-vod-cable-networks/ EXCLUSIVE: The notorious secrecy that surrounds Marvels projects has been heightened to the nth degree for this one. No one would breathe a word, with rumors that everyone from top to bottom is

I guess John will be happy- check out the last post in the thread.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Cool cool cool.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

It's 8 bucks a month. I go long periods and forget I even have it then Bam...all kinds a new stuff. I still think it's worth it.
                How much bandwidth does it eat up? We just got high-speed internet about a year and a half ago, and we're currently on a 5G a month plan. That's what has kept me off of things like Netflix...although I've been tempted.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

I've only had Netflix for a few months now but love it. You can adjust the quality level to save on bandwidth, but I don't think 5G a month would cut it though, Chris. We have a cap of 125G per month, and between Netflix, YouTube and torrents, we almost hit the limit every month. We're thinking of bumping up to 250G per month.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 13, 2009

Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist! 3 or my top 5 favorites. Wow! I guess I'll have to finally get Netflix.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Netflix Streaming is friggin' awesome...that's how I caught up with Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy...plus its original show, House of Cards, is also awesome.

$8 a month is a steal...whomever doesn't have it...should...especially when the Marvel Heroes shows come up.
                      sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

I've had Netflix for years and I find it a great option vs. cable. If you watch one season a month, it makes it worth the $7.95. I'm strongly pushing to drop my cable completely in the future. I just can't justify the cost against online viewing options that are now available. I don't watch a wide variety of stuff but there are things I can't stream, like the Red Sox games. The station is owned by the team and it's not available via streaming. When both my boys moved out we bought them both blu ray with wifi and they both have been using the same netflix account that I have. So far I've not had an issue though their use is not as much as mine is.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Netflix instant costs less than one visit to Blockbuster did for me. My kids and wife easily watch 10 hours of it a week. Total thumbs up.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                            Netflix Streaming is friggin' awesome...that's how I caught up with Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy.
                            Yeah, I'm currently watching Sons of Anarchy, I had heard good things about it and now I'm blowing my way through the first season. I've discovered a bunch of TV shows that I had never watched, thanks to Netflix, including some cool British ones. And plenty of stuff for the kids to watch too. Eight bucks a month is a steal, I can't believe it took me so long to get on board. Unfortunately the Canadian version is really lacking compared to the US Netflix, luckily there are ways around that, so it's not a problem for me.
                            Last edited by cjefferys; Nov 8, '13, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Hopefully it won't suck.....leads to the Defenders??? Ummm where's Hulk, Namor and Dr.Strange??? smh......

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎