X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Finally watched Amazing Spider-Man

What a great movie. I had my reservations about this reboot but this truly outshines the Raimi films. Unlike the previous installments, this one actually had heart and not just a big effects budget. Garfield was perfect in the role despite his unusually large head. Warners and DC are in serious trouble in the moviemaking business.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, they did a nice job with it.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
      Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
      • Mar 3, 2010

I still haven't seen it. But I've been meaning to. After hearing this, maybe ill Netflix it. Or rent it, if there are any Blockbuster Videos left... Anybody know if its at the Redbox?
      Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• domino
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 16, 2007

I finally saw it few weeks ago and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I too had reservations but was really impressed.

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

I'm with you guys. I wasn't at all looking forward to this and passed on seeing it in the theater, but catching it on DVD, it was pretty good. I'm glad I gave it a chance and was wrong about it.

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

I'm about equal between this one and the original Raimi one. Each has it's merits, each had something the other didn't. Beyond that I would place above the 2nd and 3rd Raimi installments.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I freaking loved ASM! I thought the Raimi films were great, but this movie took Spidey to a whole new level. Gwen Stacy was everything MJ was not, she and Peter had great on screen chemistry. Uncle Ben and Aunt May were much more real people than they were before. It was fantastic to see the return of mechanical webshooters, and Spidey was just more...Spidery in this one. I even liked the costume better. It actually looked homemade from athletic wear, and seeing Peter using the sunglass lenses for the eyes was brilliant.
              Last edited by enyawd72; Dec 2, '12, 4:24 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

see, now I felt completely opposite on this one. while i won't say i did not like it, i did not think it was as good as the first 2 raimi films. I did like Gwen and Aunt May, but I thought Cliff Robertson gave a much deeper performance as Uncle Ben. I did not think the lizard was a good enough villain to be the only villain in the movie and as a result thought the movie paced really slow. the effects were good and Garfield did an okay job but that is all I will say.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

I liked it as well
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

I liked it as much as the others. While I wasn't thrilled about the costume changes I can live with it, I also wish the Lizard was more Lizardy. Mechanical webshooters were definitely a plus. I didn't like that is wasn't a fluke 1 in a 1,000,000 chance happening that he becomes Spider-man, didn't like that about the Raimi movies either. My one big problem, and it's the same one I have with all the Batman movies - his love interest knows his secret identity - IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET! All the Batman movies combined have more people ( women ) knowing he's Batman then ever knew in the comics.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

see, now I felt completely opposite on this one. while i won't say i did not like it, i did not think it was as good as the first 2 raimi films. I did like Gwen and Aunt May, but I thought Cliff Robertson gave a much deeper performance as Uncle Ben. I did not think the lizard was a good enough villain to be the only villain in the movie and as a result thought the movie paced really slow. the effects were good and Garfield did an okay job but that is all I will say.
                      This was my thought on the movie, too. I also kinda wish Peter was a bit more shy and reserved around school. I felt like he was no different as Spider-Man as he was as Peter. The thing I liked about the early comics is that Peter always had the smart-aleck inside of him, but he only let that out when he was behind the mask.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                        This was my thought on the movie, too. I also kinda wish Peter was a bit more shy and reserved around school. I felt like he was no different as Spider-Man as he was as Peter. The thing I liked about the early comics is that Peter always had the smart-aleck inside of him, but he only let that out when he was behind the mask.
                        You know, I used to feel the same as you, but I think Tobey Maguire overdid that aspect of the character so much in his portrayal that he made Peter just pathetic at times. He was just TOO shy and wimpy. Like the jerk usher at MJ's play...he should've thumped that clown and gone in anyway.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i decided to rewatch it after my posts. while I still stand by what I said I did enjoy it more the second time around. they definately made him more....spidery. which was cool

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

The weakest part of Amazing Spider-Man was the Lizard himself, but other than that, it blows all the Raimi Spidey flicks outta the water. You see, I never liked Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spidey...I hate his weak acting, I hate his stupid smirky perpetual face, I hate his girl screams, I hate his pre pubecent-sounding voice, and hate his stocky short little arms and legs, all wrong for Spider-Man.

Garfield was perfectly cast, he was born to play Parker/Spidey.

Oh, and thank god Emma Stone played Gwen Stacey, thank you god, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                              The weakest part of Amazing Spider-Man was the Lizard himself, but other than that, it blows all the Raimi Spidey flicks outta the water. You see, I never liked Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spidey...I hate his weak acting, I hate his stupid smirky perpetual face, I hate his girl screams, I hate his pre pubecent-sounding voice, and hate his stocky short little arms and legs, all wrong for Spider-Man.

Garfield was perfectly cast, he was born to play Parker/Spidey.

Oh, and thank god Emma Stone played Gwen Stacey, thank you god, lol.
                              Way to go Hector. Somewhere, Tobey is crying...AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎