The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legends of the Super Heroes (1979) - anyone buy it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I remembered only one part and that was Robin wrecking the Batmobile. That skit seem to stay with me because of the absurdity of it. It was Ghetto Man that made me put my face in my hands.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I remembered only one part and that was Robin wrecking the Batmobile. That skit seem to stay with me because of the absurdity of it. It was Ghetto Man that made me put my face in my hands.
      Yes! That's what I recalled as well. I think for awhile there I convinced myself it happened on the Batman series, but I couldn't reconcile seeing Flash and Green Lantern on TV, in live action...

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I've made peace with Legends and Roast. But for a long time I harbored alot of ill will for them because back in those days I was an aspiring artist. I wanted to draw comics and was accepted to the Joe Kubert School of Art in New Jersey. I was trying so hard to get people around me to read these great comic stories that are $200 million productions today. But when you had shows like this come on, they completely undermined those opinions and ultimately made anyone associated with the topic look like socially maligned recluses. So I get alot of satisfaction today seeing so many of these great stories told on budgets we couldn't have imagined as kids. There's some personal satisfaction that says, "See? I told you so." And that's a great feeling.

Comment

• jds1911a1
          Alan Scott is the best GL
          • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by silveralex
          I had taped these 2 specials on a VHS tape when they first aired. And I must have seen them both a hundred times, I must have the damn thigns memorized ( there is consequently little left of my mind )

No idea where those tapes are, but I got a video file of it a couple of years back - though I have't dared watch it.
          your family must have been rich to have a video tape machine back then. I remember my folks buying the first one we got in 1980 for $800

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^We didn't get a VCR until 1984! Same year we got a microwave, and cable. I imagine it was a lot like when my dad got electricity back in the late 40s!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎