X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
    I like Batman! Christian Bale IS Batman!

Holy Cow!! huedell and I are in complete agreement!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

On the matter of Superman versus a fart....I'm not sure which would win....Allthough it does raise the question of what Supes/Clark had to do after a particularily nasty bout of Taco Bell after effects? Must've had to fly off behind the moon or something...?

As for Supes 3 vs 4. I like three better for one reason. It was filmed almost entirely hear in Alberta, and watching the film is a bit of a time capsule for me...Seeing Supes get sloshed in the infamous downtown dive the St. Louis Hotel....Seeing Gorman ski down the old bank of montreal building when it was a clear landmark on the horizon (its now Petro-canada Center, and its hidden behind the larger buildings that now make up Calgarys skyline). The plant that caught fire was really the Balzac Refinery, which was minutes from the farm I grew up on..(I can remember riding out with a buddy on our bikes to watch them swing Chris Reeve around on a crane all afternoon. The "Lake" Supes froze to put out the fire was really a huge slough ....again very near where I grew up. Even seeing parts of High River Alberta (Smallville) then compared to now is a hoot.

Storywise, I agree with most that 3 and 4 were awful. I have my reservations about 2 as well.....It was ok, but nowhere near as cool as the first one.
      Superman Returns.....Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and if they make a next one its way more entertaining. Personally, I would like to see a Supes film done "Fleisheresque" and set in the 1930's....kind of like the visual look of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Captain
        On the matter of Superman versus a fart....I'm not sure which would win....Allthough it does raise the question of what Supes/Clark had to do after a particularily nasty bout of Taco Bell after effects? Must've had to fly off behind the moon or something...?

Now, that would be a Fantastic Super Power,... if ofcourse you were able to control it.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

" In space, no one can hear you.....break wind!"
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢