Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Early screenings are hyping this movie to the heavens. What makes me scratch my head is the fella in this story who claims to be an "insider" says the movie is "nothing like the trailers. It's not as dark and all the action is being saved for the movie"...Uh okay. So the trailers are in effect not marketing the film correctly because they want to 'surprise' everyone? Just wake me when the movie is ready to go. That is the silliest rationale I have ever heard.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I can see holding back some of the action, but yes, if they are misrepresenting the movie on purpose, that's just plain dumb.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I hope what the writer means is that the film has a lot of action even though the trailer doesn't contain a lot of action, not so much that the trailer doesn't reflect at least aspects of the film.

I've read a couple of reports with rumors about the film being very good and execs being happy, which does seem suspicious particularly with the underperformance of Green Lantern and Superman Returns.

I'll be less suspicious of any buzz that comes out of Showest, or whatever the event is now called that previews portions of the summer and winter films to film exhibitors. Generally that buzz is somewhat more trustworthy.
        Last edited by madmarva; Feb 28, '13, 3:32 PM.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
          I'm the Star Spangled Man
          • May 21, 2011

Personally, I'm liking the pictures more than the trailers. Speaking of which:

sigpic
          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I really wonder if this is going to be able to shake off the tarnish that Superman Returns put on the name. Or will it be hurt like the Hulk sorta reboot was hurt?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

If you are saying Nolan had or has anything to do with this film consider this movie pure garbage. He murdered Batman really bad. I can't even imagine what he'll do to Superman.
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

The billions of dollars the Nolan Batman movies made would tend to say many people feel otherwise. Nolan is the executive producer of Man of Steel.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>He murdered Batman really bad.
                  >The billions of dollars the Nolan Batman movies made would tend to say many people feel otherwise.

Y'know.... you could BOTH be right, considering how popular the films were and how none of that popularity had any appreciable effect on sales of the comic.

Say.... anyone else notice a certain lack of bad guys in any of the Superman hype? I've only heard a few mentions and seen a couple of pics.

Don C.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                    Vet.
                    • May 22, 2007

Hate it,,,wow....you would think they would film it in a retro 40;s feel.....red red,,yellow yellow,,bright colors...monster robots ,,,trains derailing,,,stoping a nuclular bomb and saveing us from lexs death ray..why oh why. I ahte the new susps look. too dark,,void of color..dingy yellow,,burnt red,,hate it.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                      Vet.
                      • May 22, 2007

Oh yeah hate his stupid looking head too. thanks
                      other than all that guess im looking forward to it..but yet still hate it.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by ctc
                        Say.... anyone else notice a certain lack of bad guys in any of the Superman hype? I've only heard a few mentions and seen a couple of pics.

Don C.
                        Yeah, only Zod and what's-her-name, not Ursa...Faora. Sounds like a type of flower. But yeah, other then them, nothing.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Looks like Nolan, Snyder and Goyer are going to be handling the Justice League, too.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^Bad idea. I LOVE the Nolan series. But I have always considered it a stand alone universe. Never considered it. Never wanted it to be part of a bigger world with Superman and other DC characters in it. Plus Wayne's wealth was destroyed and his home turned over to the state to be run as a orphanage. Are they miraculously restoring his wealth and kicking the kids out? I'm sorry but DKR was a perfect end to a great series. *Sigh* I just knew Warner Bros. was too dumb to not leave that franchise alone. When the money is green, studios milk it until the material is unwatchable. This is terrible news. They need to start Batman fresh and breakaway from the all black and rubber look. Justice League is a perfect place to reintroduce him with a more classic comic look to match the kind of story they want to tell. PLEASE Warner Bros. Leave the Bale Dark Knight alone...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

WOW, I did not expect this development, AT ALL. Nolan, Goyer and Snyder are really going to have to come up with a good reason for Bruce Wayne to take back the cowl of Batman. Maybe Gordon Levitt is in this as Batman, and Bruce has to come back for some reason? Either way, like Tom, I think it compromises the integrity of the DK trilogy, no doubt about it. If they were going to do this, they should have done this BEFORE DKR ever filmed.

This is WB driving a dump-truck of money to Nolan and company's door and begging, me thinks.

Some interesting comments from Jett of Batman-On-Film, who has adamantly denied anything like this would EVER happen:

Chris

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Well just because he might reprise his role, doesn't mean he'll be the Nolan Bruce. It's like Conroy voicing almost every animated version of Batman. They're not all in the same continuity, but because he's the best they ask him to do the voice again. If it's the former however....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎