X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
    No time for wimpy Supes, time for kick arse Supes, lol.
    Hallelujah, Brother Hector, Hallelujah!!!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that scene was great...exactly what folks have wanted to see in a Superman film for YEARS.

As for hurting innocents, with all of his sensory powers, Superman could know where and when he could pummel Zod without harming any innocents. Of course he did trash a good portion of the town, but this happens in comics as well. Just look at Superman's first fight with Doomsday.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Did anyone else watch Henry Cavill (pronounced Cah-vill, I never could figure out if it was a long or short "a") on "The Tonight Show" last night? It was a really good interview and Henry seems easily as likable as Christopher Reeve...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Why the spoiler about Pa Kent dying without warning?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
            Why the spoiler about Pa Kent dying without warning?

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

This is a new take on the origin, or at least that is what the publicity mill is feeding us. I personally don't know what is in or out along with the red underpants. From the 1986 reboot until writer Geoff Johns killed Pa Kent off in his Brianiac story around 2008 the character didn't die early on in Superman's career. Through two TV series, the character had a role - from beginning to end in Lois and Clark and for at least half the run on Smallville - so yeah I classify that as a spoiler.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

This is a new take on the origin, or at least that is what the publicity mill is feeding us. I personally don't know what is in or out along with the red underpants. From the 1986 reboot until writer Geoff Johns killed Pa Kent off in his Brianiac story around 2008 the character didn't die early on in Superman's career. Through two TV series, the character had a role - from beginning to end in Lois and Clark and for at least half the run on Smallville - so yeah I classify that as a spoiler.
                But it can't really be deemed as a "spoiler", mm, since I typed "if". I, like you, have no idea if Pa Kent lives or dies in this incarnation of Superman. I only cite it as a point of reference because we know that, in MOST Superman lore, Jonathan Kent DOES pass away...

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                  Just to toss in my own nickel's worth regarding the fight; yes, this is early in Superman's career and his paramount concern was getting his mother out of harms' way as quickly as possible. As Kal-El, he is Kryptonian with all of the accompanying bells and whistles, but AS Clark Kent, he is human and is prone human reactions and instincts. If, in this movie, Jonathan Kent passes and Martha and Clark are left alone, I believe what the writers and director are trying to convey here is the HUMAN Clark's gut reaction to his mother in danger, but having that reaction occur on a Kryptonian power level. Heck, I wouldn't be too surprised if Clark didn't even realize what direction he knocked Zod in just so long as he got him away from his Mom...
                  But also keep in mind that in this rendition, Kryptonians themselves are not so benevolent either, as their own civil war would indicate, so a young Kal-El/Clark Kent is bound to make mistakes as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

But also keep in mind that in this rendition, Kryptonians themselves are not so benevolent either, as their own civil war would indicate, so a young Kal-El/Clark Kent is bound to make mistakes as well.
                    This is true, Hector, although, it seems like Zod and his cronies are likely EVEN LESS benevolent than MOST Kryptonians! Heck, they'll even pick on a dude's mother!!!!

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

My apologies Emerald Knight. I read right through the "if."

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

My apologies Emerald Knight. I read right through the "if."
                        No worries, mate! Let's all hope we're surprised (in a good way) by what we see onscreen come next weekend!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

A Kryptonian raised as a Earthling, so he'd have those faults going for him instead of Kryptonian issues.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Well, humans are more vicious in nature than Kryptonians anyway, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

It's about time we got a good Superman movie. Only took three quarters of a century...
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by B-Lister
                                It's about time we got a good Superman movie. Only took three quarters of a century...
                                I'd say we actually got a "good" Superman movie back in '78 with Donner and Reeve. It may not have been a completely serious approach to the character (the movie does have it's fair share of camp, admittedly), but it was, and is, up to now, a movie that actually DID succeed in making you believe a man could fly...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎