Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

How could I have missed this thread, especially since this was posted on my birthday?! Very awesome music that NEEDS to have an official release! But until then, this is just as good!
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

What most people do not know is that Ray Ellis used the name of his wife, Yvette Blais (and producer Norm Prescott used Jeff Michael) to produce almost all of the background music for Filmation from 1968 to 1982 (including the live TV show Shazam). So any time you see Yvette, you know now that is Ray.

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Great stuff, some I remembered some I forgot. Makes my me want to pull out my '67 collection DVD set!

Comment

• Brazoo
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 14, 2009

Amazing find! I love it!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Probably the greatest cartoon soundtracks of all times.
            sigpic

Comment

• Brazoo
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Back in 2002 when SPIDER-MAN was first hitting theaters. I was really hoping that the movies would find a way of incorporating some of the music from the series into the film, but alas and alack, all we got were weird parodies of the main theme song. Elfman's score for SPIDER-MAN was good, but it didn't (and doesn't) have anything on the music from the '67 show. There is a band called The Blue Hawaiians that, if asked, could probably have done some killer cover versions of the '67 incidental music...
              I agree with you - or at the very least I thought there were ways to create a modern score with similar instrumentation and riffs from the cartoon. I associate the character of Spider-Man with 60s rock 'n' roll and jazz - and the soundtrack of the first Spider-Man movie was (to me) not very memorable and overly dreary.

It's pet peeve of mine that superhero movie film composers seem to avoid catchy riffs. They should try to have a little more fun.

EDIT: At least the Iron Man movies have been using some fun classic rock songs in them. That's been a bright spot to me.
              Last edited by Brazoo; Nov 22, '12, 9:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎