Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I read that it's only on 330 IMAX screens. There were many more Avengers 3D screens (maybe as many as 10x more) than IMAX DKR screens. But, i don't know how that affects the numbers.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It's the third highest opening weekend now, behind Avengers and the last Potter. Not bad, considering the unprecedented event surrounding it's release.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• actjac01
        Veteran Member
        • May 17, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises. This is the second film I've seen this season that I truly want to go and see again (the other being The Avengers)
        and I haven't felt that way about a film in a long time. Also looking forward to seeing The Amazing Spiderman.
        "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

Finally saw DKR yesterday and must say while a very different superhero film I absolutely loved it. The ending ( last 10 minutes) brought it all together and really left you clamoring for what's next. Great job by all evolved but I was particularly impressed with Hathoway's portrayal of Catwoman. Bane is the end all, be all villain, was a little disappointed with his dimise but that's nitpicking . . . . We've been treated to 3 quality superhero flicks this summer all with their own flavor. It's the new golden age boys!
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by madmarva
            if you just look at the three movies and throw out any other Batman context
            I can't say that about the first two...but I definitely can about TDKR. Bruce Way/Batman is totally out of character from the Batman I know. The death of Rachel would NEVER have caused Batman to quit being Batman for 7 years. If anything, it would have done just the opposite... caused Batman to go after Gotham's criminals with even more determination!

The movie for me was just a total let down.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

DKR is holding nicely, especially considering the unprecedented negative publicity associated with the film. While it's trailing DK, it's not by as much as I feared. It's never going to catch Avengers, but I didn't really think it would.

It does kind of put an end to those who thought the movie wouldn't come near DK's numbers without Ledger's Joker and the hype surrounding his death.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I agree Chris. This movie has had to overcome so much negative press, it's remarkable it has done as well as it has. I think it definitely speaks to the appeal of Nolan's Batman. A very satisfying and surprisingly uplifting end to this trilogy. It gives the whole series a nice balance and a fitting tribute to the character. My only hope is when they reboot the franchise, they don't copy the cosmetics from this series which I thought were so unique. Yeah, Batman has always been in black molded rubber, but this one seem to take it in an entirely different direction. And I hope the next series finds it's own direction too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Same here. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lighter version. Not silly, hopefully, but maybe a little less grim and gritty. Nolan pretty much defined that type of Batman on film.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎