Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Amazing Spider-Man early Rotten Tomatoes reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Every superhero movie that comes out gets hash and re-hashed here before the movie is even seen. Many times, some of the guys who are very skeptical become big believers once they see the movie.

I will not judge a movie that I have not seen. Let's see what everyone has to say after it is released and we have a chance to discuss it having experienced it for ourselves.

I am going to go out on a limb here though....I will bet that most, not all, but most of us are going to love it...especially those of us who grew up reading Spider-man comic books.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

I was a bit apprehensive about the reboot at first. I still think I would have rather them just picked up with the character as Spidey just at a younger age than in the previous film. No the continuity wouldn't have worked, but if the story was good so what.

But, I'm over that. After the Avengers film, I'm just fired up to see another good movie with a character I love in it. If Webb delivers that, I'll be happy, and if setting the film around the origin was the best way for him to make a good film, so be it.

Really looking forward to see what Dennis Leary does with Capt. Stacey. Emma Stone is a solid young actress. It will be interesting to see how Garfield handles the role of Parker. He was excellent as a wimp in "The Social Network," but I hope he doesn't go that route with Parker. Sure, Parker was picked on in the comics because of his frailty, but he was never a wimp or a coward on the inside or in his thinking.

I really like the scene with the mugger in the trailer. I'm wondering if he ends up being the guy that murders Uncle Ben.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
        I was a bit apprehensive about the reboot at first. I still think I would have rather them just picked up with the character as Spidey just at a younger age than in the previous film. No the continuity wouldn't have worked, but if the story was good so what.

But, I'm over that. After the Avengers film, I'm just fired up to see another good movie with a character I love in it. If Webb delivers that, I'll be happy, and if setting the film around the origin was the best way for him to make a good film, so be it.

Really looking forward to see what Dennis Leary does with Capt. Stacey. Emma Stone is a solid young actress. It will be interesting to see how Garfield handles the role of Parker. He was excellent as a wimp in "The Social Network," but I hope he doesn't go that route with Parker. Sure, Parker was picked on in the comics because of his frailty, but he was never a wimp or a coward on the inside or in his thinking.

I really like the scene with the mugger in the trailer. I'm wondering if he ends up being the guy that murders Uncle Ben.
        Which scene? Where he confronts Zuckerberg, and smashes the computer when he's "plugged in" or when he threatens Parker then sneers at his cowardice?

And I don't think so. I think that Connors kills Uncle Ben (as the Lizard) when he confront him about Peter's father. Might be a bit out there, but that's my theory.
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Hope that theory is wrong. Really don't care for condensing stories to make them seem to fit the movie's little world better. Like having Jack Napier be the Waynes's killer.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I never liked Maguire, so this might be a step up. I always felt that Maguire seemed to be sleepwalking through the whole movie. I never saw Peter Parker in him...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Megospidey
              I will not judge a movie that I have not seen. Let's see what everyone has to say after it is released and we have a chance to discuss it having experienced it for ourselves.

I am going to go out on a limb here though....I will bet that most, not all, but most of us are going to love it...especially those of us who grew up reading Spider-man comic books.
              I think there is alot of truth to that. I am always apprehensive about change in my established heroes. But if the treatment ends up working, I like the movie after all and have no trouble saying so. I had problems with this reboot from the get go, but have warmed to it as I've seen more. There are still some aspects I may not like, but that is true of any film I see. But like you said. It's a Spidey film. We grew up reading those comics, so let's embrace it for that reason alone.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I saw a mini-featurette on TBS last night, and it looks like they are going for more practical stunt work in this film. That is one big mark on the Raimi films; the over-reliance on CG, and some of it wasn't real convincing, even for the time. It's nice to see them doing it more old-school...again like Nolan's Batman films.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Here's the box office perspective:

Amazing Spider-man is tracking to pull in $125 million over it's first 6 days. For comparison with it's predecessors,
                  Spider-man 3 hauled in $151.1 million in it's opening 3 day release in May. Spider-man 2 brought in $180 million for it's July 6 day run. And the original Spider-man brought in $114.8 in it's initial 3 day May release. Each Spider-man film in that series broke records. Reboots don't typically enjoy that kind of draw, but this one looks to be off to a respectable start nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎