Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Amazing Spider-Man early Rotten Tomatoes reviews...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

The new Amazing Spider-Man early Rotten Tomatoes reviews...

Abandoned by his parents and raised by an aunt and uncle, teenager Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), AKA Spider-Man, is trying to sort out who he is and exactly what his feelings are for his first crush, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). When Peter finds a mysterious briefcase that was his father's, he pursues a quest to solve his parents' disappearance. His search takes him to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Rhys Ifans), setting him on a collision course with Connors' alter ego, the Lizard.

Looking good so far...

sigpic
  • RickD
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 31, 2011

this movie is going to be awesome!

Spidey is up against the Lizard! the previews for the Lizard look great!

I'm stoked for this movie

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

What a relief to see positive reviews coming in based on a strong story. The key areas of plotting seem to be in place. So I'm happy to see this reboot keeping close to the character's roots. Good news!

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Here's a really good (spoiler-free) review from a gentleman who saw it in Japan where it has already opened. Worth watching. His views make for interesting discussion.

**Spoiler free review** Lots of links below! Leave a comment - Who is your favorite movie superhero? - and you'll be entered in the contest for cool Spider...

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Thanks for that link.

I have known that Japanese are not huge American comic book superhero fans...and that's very evident if you go to Box Office Mojo and see their very modest box office takes (in comparison to other movies)...so I was not shocked to hear him say that no one at the theater knew who Stan Lee was, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• clemso
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 8, 2001

I think this is going to do what First Class X-Men did and surprise a few fans. I definitely going to see it, its Spidey!

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

Letterman praised the film Monday night when interviewing Emma Stone. He doesn't always do that. Hoping it will be good.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I plan to be there opening day!!
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

The rating has dropped to 80% The criticism seems to be what many have voiced concerns about. And that's doing a complete retelling of the origin that fills the majority of the story. Apparently he doesn't even put on the costume for over an hour. Let's see if this remains the trend.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

One of the reviews I read had them praising this film so much it will make you forget the 3 movies with Tobey Maguire...
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                      The rating has dropped to 80% The criticism seems to be what many have voiced concerns about. And that's doing a complete retelling of the origin that fills the majority of the story. Apparently he doesn't even put on the costume for over an hour. Let's see if this remains the trend.
                      After reading all the reviews both positive and negative, most of the negative reviewers seemed predisposed to not liking it before they ever saw it, solely because it's a reboot.
                      I'm not worried in the slightest.

Comment

• Type Two
                        Career Member
                        • Sep 20, 2010

One bad note about the new movie: it will now be impossible to play a the "Raimi Drinking Game" where you watch the credits to the movie and take a drink (or do a shot) every time you see someone with the last name "Raimi." I did that with "Spider-man 3" and woke up in Idaho the next morning surrounded by potatoes and angry scarecrows.
                        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          After reading all the reviews both positive and negative, most of the negative reviewers seemed predisposed to not liking it before they ever saw it, solely because it's a reboot.
                          I'm not worried in the slightest.
                          I didn't get that at all. The angst seems to be Mark Webb devoted most of the film to his origin, rather than just highlighting the familiar tale and moving forward. Even many of the fresh reviews offered that criticism. What it comes down to is whether the public wants to sit through another origin tale. Good or bad, that will likely hurt it in the long run at the box office given it lasts 2 hrs and 16 minutes. BTW, it's now sitting at 76%. I did laugh though when I read the relationship angle is really built up here. Especially since Bat has been so critical of Maguire in the Raimi series for being so "emotional". I can't wait to hear his justification when this Parker does the same thing. He's set himself up for some fun poking.

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

My rule with Rotten Tomatos is that if Roger Ebert likes it and whoever writes for the Villiage Voice doesn't... I'll usually like it. I think Prometheus was an exception to that rule.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                              learning all the time
                              • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by boss
                              My rule with Rotten Tomatos is that if Roger Ebert likes it and whoever writes for the Villiage Voice doesn't... I'll usually like it. I think Prometheus was an exception to that rule.
                              Ebert has gotten very forgiving in the last few years. I think his new criteria is "if the film accomplishes what it set out to do than I'll give it a positive review."
                              I have to say I'm really looking forward to this movie. The first trailer made me say "Uggghhh... WHY????" but the 2nd and 3rd trailers look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎