Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

I actually did dig his Bulletman, From Kingdom come I liked that a lot I wouldn't mind seeing him do that since he does like to paint shiny stuff....

Hey Ed...you have any images of that in a higher resolution???

Steve.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir
      I never said groundbreaking, but given all the designs he's generated for the Ming series alone if you did click on the link, I'd say that is an area beyond what Alex Raymond or the movie covered. You can't say someone putting n that much detail ondesign work alone is lazy can you? That looks like a work ethic to me in terms of volume alone. It's about as different as Kingdom Come designs are from the Superfriends. I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting from him... Alex Ross does what Alex Ross does. One could say Adam Hughes or Brian Bolland are stuck in a rut too... But you pretty much know what you're getting from them in terms of their cover work month in month out.

It's a double edged sword... Folks say they want something different from Ross, but they stayed away in droves when he decided to do something completely different than Kingdom Come with Uncle Sam. So what is it you really want from Ross? Something really new or more Marvel and DC Retreads on Kingdom Come and Marvels?
      I'd like him to come up with something of his own a mini series and put the camera down ......make it up.
      Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jun 25, '12, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I would hope he has the ability to do something original and creative, but anytime he does it seems kind of lame like some of his Marvel redesigns and the ones that were rejected.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I really wish DC had accepted his Shazam proposal. It looked and sounded really cool. He managed to inject some modern "coolness" into the character without destroying him. Crying shame DC went with that awful Winnick "Trial" series. And now this new one looks even further removed from the classic example.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎