Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

I thought they did a good job combining the characters. I especally think Challengers of the Fantastic was a good idea since i believe Challengers of the Unknown was a earlier model for what became the Fantastic 4.

I wish they would do more with some of these guys. Iron Latern is my favorite design of the group.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

I don't think the 2nd wave of Amalgam titles was as strong as the first...Lobo the Duck? Bat-Thing?
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• aquatroy
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 28, 2002

Batman 237 also has some crossover action

Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

This...

...wasn't a bad crossover, either, although it still didn't make me any more of a fan of Bagley's artwork....

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

I missed out on IRON LANTERN (gives me something to look for in the back-issue bins), but I did enjoy BRUCE WAYNE: AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D. and DR. STRANGEFATE. Also need to look for that Darkseid/Galactus throwdown...
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• madmarva
              Talkative Member
              • Jul 7, 2007

A little off topic, but the Squadron Supreme mini series in the 80s is one of my favorite Justice League stories.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by madmarva
                A little off topic, but the Squadron Supreme mini series in the 80s is one of my favorite Justice League stories.
                The trade paperback of that had Mark Gruenwalds ashes mixed into the ink. Wonder what that goes for these days?
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
                  One of Alex Ross' favorites too...
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MEMEGO
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 6, 2007

These crossovers are priceless, I wonder if they will ever team up again?

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Byrne's Darkseid/Galactus crossover was a good one, too.
                      Definitely. That's another one of the modern crossover highlights.

There's also a moment that stays with me from the second Batman/Punisher crossover where the Punisher has the Joker at gunpoint and he's ready to execute him, but of course Batman won't allow it. Love that scene.

I kind of liked the Amalgam books, they were pretty cool from a novelty point of view.
                      The All Access and Unlimited Access mini series were also worth reading... I kind of wish they'd have carried on with those books and made them a semi-regular event.
                      Last edited by Bruce Banner; Feb 27, '12, 3:47 AM.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎