X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Christian Bale says goodbye to Batman

Christian Bale says goodbye to Batman with The Dark Knight Rises, and he's okay with that - NY Daily News

He spent the last eight years as the Caped Crusader — and doesn't regret a minute — but says he's ready to hang up that cape for good.
    Too bad, a fourth film (Bale said if Nolan returned, he would too) with him and Nolan would've been cool.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Three flicks playing the same character should be enough...it was the right time to call it a day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
      I'm the Star Spangled Man
      • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
      Three flicks playing the same character should be enough...it was the right time to call it a day.
      I realize that. It's just that since a fourth film was talked about, I'm now disapointed that Bale has officially "hung up the cape". I am glad we got 2 fantastic Batman movies (all based upon my favorite Batman TPB's) and have no doubt that Rises will be awesome (and probably the best of the three).
      Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jan 25, '12, 3:00 AM.
      sigpic
      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Quit while you are ahead... Three films sound about right. Hopefully oscars will be kind enough to finally recognize, like Lord of the Rings.

I'm lookin' at you Superman 4, Batman and Robin, Star Warss Phantom Menace, Indana Jones so very very tired.

Exception... star Trek 4.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by samurainoir
          Quit while you are ahead... Three films sound about right. Hopefully oscars will be kind enough to finally recognize, like Lord of the Rings.

I'm lookin' at you Superman 4, Batman and Robin, Star Warss Phantom Menace, Indana Jones so very very tired.

Exception... star Trek 4.
          Yeah, agreed.

I'll also mention Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol...I thought it still worked...although Tom Cruise is looking a bit old...he's about to hit the big 50 this year...oh...and Live Free or Die Hard (Die Hard 4) was not too shabby either...

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, most movie franchises over do it, DIe Hard and Bond being a couple of the exceptions.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

It's a bummer.Bale was my pick to play BATMAN long before he was even cast. We all know that they will make More Batman movies, but nothing is more important to me as who gets cast as Batman. If they flub it up....I won't watch it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Hands down, Bale embodies the modern interpretation of Batman better than any of the three other actors who played him since 1989. It's going to be hard to find an actor with his chops that fits the role so well. But I'd rather see him go out on top than have a "Superman IV" stain his reputation.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Hands down, Bale embodies the modern interpretation of Batman better than any of the three other actors who played him since 1989. It's going to be hard to find an actor with his chops that fits the role so well. But I'd rather see him go out on top than have a "Superman IV" stain his reputation.

Chris
                  Agreed on all points. Bale IS the modern Batman. And no doubt after this film he will be especially missed. But it's better to leave a little early than to wait and leave when it's too late. Of course if this does Dark Knight money they could always get wooed back with the big dollar signs. So I wouldn't say that statement us definitive. If anything it may be Bale saying it will take a lot of money to bring him back from here.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Bale has logged more hours as the character than any of the other post -West actors, not only due to playing him in 3 movies, but because the movies are actually focused on Batman. So it seems like he's been Batman even longer than he has, comparatively.

Someones got big shoes to fill.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Adam West
                      Museum CPA
                      • Apr 14, 2003

Bale is a super talented actor; I thought he has paid a proper homage to "Batman" and I have enjoyed watching him play other movie roles (particularly in "The Fighter").

I'm sure these type of decisions have to be difficult especially for someone who is a true artist. You really don't want to be typecast into a particular role (or as he said become a "francise actor"), but on the other hand, let go of a great gig that pays well.

Will look forward to seeing the 3rd installment.
                      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Well, WB has already stated that after Nolan...there will e a re-boot, but Nolan will stay on as the producer. So...let the casing speculation begin on who will play Batman.

My picks: Micheal Fassbender
                        Ian Somehander
                        sigpic

Comment

• RickD
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 31, 2011

It is never goodbye.. just see you later! He will be back to do a fourth Batman! It's Hollywood and money talks!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Ian Somehander
                            After finally seeing First Class, I'd totally be behind Fassbender. But I bet WB would consider him too old for the franchise. Bale was pretty young when he started. Of course Keaton was pushing 40 in the first movie...

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Well, WB has already stated that after Nolan...there will e a re-boot, but Nolan will stay on as the producer. So...let the casing speculation begin on who will play Batman.

Ian Somehander
                              Micheal Fassbender...yes...chiseled face...solid film actor on the rise...and a six-footer...

Ian Somehander...hell no...he looks like Rob Lowe (lol)...is a model and TV actor...and is a measly 5' 9"...we already had a little dude for Batman...his name was Michael Keaton...

Last edited by Hector; Jan 25, '12, 10:30 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎