X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Tim Burton needs to stay away from apes and super heroes and focus on his own thing. 'nuff said.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
        • Aug 14, 2007

This stuff reminds me of when you almost get into a traffic accident and you're kinda shaking at the near miss. Yack!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
        https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Not only does Burton need to stay away from Superman, but so does Nicholas Cage. As a matter of fact, Cage needs to stay away from all hero genre's. I can't say that for Tim Burton because he gave birth to our theatrical Batman and essentially the hero revolution to film as we know it today. Cage is...well... I have no idea why studios let him play these parts. He doesn't look like anyone in the comics and his personality doesn't lend itself to any of these roles either. I know Cage is a fan of comics, but he sure doesn't have the chops to play these characters. Ghost Rider could have been so much more had they gotten a fresh actor. And now we get him again? Strange...

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

I can put up with his Ghost Rider as long as its not Superman. That would have been a mess. Burton really annoys me now. He has a little bit of pull in hollywood and it seems that when it comes to "going that extra mile" to get cool projects made hes indifferent. Dark Shadows has a chance of being really good but will it? It remains to be seen.
            If Peter Jackson got ahold of something like superman.....boy, I wonder what we would get? (Lets just overlook his King Kong version )

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Figuremod73
              (Lets just overlook his King Kong version )
              Them's fightin' words, boy....!!!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, I don't get the hate for Jackson's Kong. It was miles better than the previous garbage remake in 1976.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Nicholas Cage in a Superman costume sucks worse...

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

I thought the beginning of Ghost Rider was pretty good and then the kid grew up into Nicholas Cage! It kind of had the same effect for me as the Guy Pierce Time Machine movie...which I though was really good until he um, started time traveling.

As for Jackson's Kong, I never got through it. It was just way to long and I guess he was trying to build the story up by not showing the monkey for the first hour of the film but it was just really boring for me. I think the real backlash from that film comes from it being the next thing he did after LOTR so it kind of had that doomed to fail feeling even before it was released.
                    Last edited by spacecaps; Jan 23, '12, 3:13 AM.
                    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Yeah, I don't get the hate for Jackson's Kong. It was miles better than the previous garbage remake in 1976.
                      Agreed.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Jackson's King Kong was great.
                        A movie crafted with a reverence for the original, and stamped with PJ's unique brand of wizardry.

Burton's Batman as I've said before, was a colossal disappointment for me.
                        Thank Rao he never got the chance to defile Superman!
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>I don't get the hate for Jackson's Kong.

It's not bad, but there's WAY too much kanoodling. (King Kong doesn't need a car chase....)

>It was miles better than the previous garbage remake in 1976.

Well, yeah.

....and I think Burton's real problem is that he has a limited repitoire. Put him on something weird and creepy and it's all good; put him on anything else and it's gonna get shoehorned into the weird and creepy template.

Don C.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

I love Jackson's Kong. It's reverence to the original is so obvious, and he's got such a great handle on the technology when it comes to such earnestly convincing creatures.

It's by far the best entry in the genre with tongue out of cheek, since the original.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎