X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

More designs from Tim Burton's Superman

Just imagine what Nick Cage would have looked like dressed in this number...

Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 16, '12, 3:16 PM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

The Superman designs are straight out of an acid trip. Doomsday, at least the first concept piece, is fantastic. Outside of Batman, I cannot think of anything else Burton has done I like. Must be just taste or my stupidity as everyone seems to be a fan of sorts.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

I think these designs put into context the Electric Superman era costume and logo of '98. I would appear that for the past dozen plus years, the best explanation for the change in costume in the comic books would be that there was a movie or tv show coming out. Look how quickly they abandoned the Wonder Pants after David E Kelly's show was not picked up.

It seems they were really keen on incorporating that newfangled fibre optic lighting tech into the costuming. it's like looking at a Sharper Image catalogue circa the 90's or a Laser Floyd show at the planetarium.

video here...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvhMe...ayer_embedded#!

Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 16, '12, 4:52 PM.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Aren't we ALL just so grateful that this project NEVER came to fruition!! I have a feeling SUPERMAN would have become perhaps the biggest superhero movie bomb of all time....!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, it would have set the bar higher for screwed up movies
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 16, '12, 6:21 PM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Damn such crap! what an ill conceived idea......Glad someone said hell no to that......

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

Those effects would have been neat on a different character made for the movie or something eles. Glad it was never made. Is this the one Kevin Smith was suppose to write? Or was he thrown off of it once Burton was on board? Makes Superman Returns look like a masterpiece.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                  Those effects would have been neat on a different character made for the movie or something eles. Glad it was never made. Is this the one Kevin Smith was suppose to write? Or was he thrown off of it once Burton was on board? Makes Superman Returns look like a masterpiece.
                  I have to argue with you about ANYTHING making SUPERMAN RETURNS look like a masterpiece, Figuremod73. That movie is almost as big a turd as BATMAN & ROBIN was...
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 10, 2006

Two names no Superman fan wants to see attached to a Superman movie are Tim Burton or Kevin Smith

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Why does it look like armor? What's the point to that?

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Random Axe
                        The Superman designs are straight out of an acid trip. Doomsday, at least the first concept piece, is fantastic. Outside of Batman, I cannot think of anything else Burton has done I like. Must be just taste or my stupidity as everyone seems to be a fan of sorts.
                        I like Burton's Pee Wee Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Ed Wood, and Mars Attacks!

But the rest of his stuff I can live without, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                          I have to argue with you about ANYTHING making SUPERMAN RETURNS look like a masterpiece, Figuremod73. That movie is almost as big a turd as BATMAN & ROBIN was...
                          Superman Returns is a TRILLION times better than Green Lantern...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I've seen those horrid conceptual pictures before...good grief...

sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                              Watch this, Part 11, and the next, part 12 for Superman, and the part after that, 13, if you want to hear more about Burton and POTA remake. Kevin Smith read a script titled Superman Reborn. He told WB he thought the Superman Reborn script was awful and they hired him to try writing a new script. His version, the re-write, presumably became Superman Lives. This is really funny too because it is as much about the stupidity that goes on in Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKxY...ture=endscreen

Tim Burton wanted a crack at the project but ditched the Smith script. Burton had a Pay or Play deal. That means he got paid even if they never made a Superman film out of his idea. It sounds like a big scam that goes on in Hollywood. Burton's ideas for a Superman film sound so damn bad I bet he did this on purpose knowing no film would ever get made so he collect a paycheck for essentially serving up krap to WB.

Originally posted by Bionic Joe
                              Two names no Superman fan wants to see attached to a Superman movie are Tim Burton or Kevin Smith
                              Not sure why you feel Kevin Smith is a liability to a Superman Film. I've never read his version of the script but it did have a death of Superman angle to it and Brainiac was a major villain. Sounds like he had the right elements in place for a good Superman film. The real liability was Jon Peters. Watch the videos. Peters had totally unrealistic and off the wall ideas for the film and a Smallville, un-super hero like approach to the character.
                              Last edited by johnmiic; Jan 17, '12, 7:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎