X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Figuremod73
    As an artist Valentino is pretty darn good. Im not as familiar with him as I am the "bigger names" that formed Image. I still think Marc Silvestri is the most talented of the group.
    Ive been looking for something different though, maybe ill hunt some of Valentino's stuff down.
    Marc is talented but he's a flat out jerk.....I met him he's a BLEEP!!! A hole

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

I wouldnt be suprised. Thats what ive always heard about Todd Mcfarlane to. I know John Byrne cant stand most of the image guys. (Byrne ive always heard is only grouchie,lol)
      Years ago theres was some kind of dispute between the members (dont really know much about the details). It involved Liefield, Silvestri, and Mcfarlane. In the end Silvestri had left image. Then something eles happened and they ended up throwing Liefield out of the company. I wish i could remember more about it. LOL
      I think out of anyone in the company the one who has turned out the most decent work over the years is Eric Larson.
      Ive never been much of a Jim Lee fan. Hes way to technical.

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

I wonder how this became an Image thread

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I wouldnt be suprised. Thats what ive always heard about Todd Mcfarlane to. I know John Byrne cant stand most of the image guys. (Byrne ive always heard is only grouchie,lol)
          Years ago theres was some kind of dispute between the members (dont really know much about the details). It involved Liefield, Silvestri, and Mcfarlane. In the end Silvestri had left image. Then something eles happened and they ended up throwing Liefield out of the company. I wish i could remember more about it. LOL
          I think out of anyone in the company the one who has turned out the most decent work over the years is Eric Larson.
          Ive never been much of a Jim Lee fan. Hes way to technical.
          Liefield was tossed out because he moved funds from image to his awesome line and also to cover personal debts.....he was also accused of sheep stealing talent away.....Marc left from what i understand was because of Liefield.....but came back when he left

Larson is the only one who stayed on his book and pushed it through while the others all got rich and abandoned their characters.......

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

I wonder how this became an Image thread
            Threads sometimes morph into something else.....no knock plus BK(Jason) liked Stephen Platt like I do.....

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>Things like this have happened before on accident though.

Oh, it does. “Parallel Development” is what happens when tow folks have the same idea at the same time.... and it happens a lot in the nerdly arts ‘cos most practitioners are all drawing from the same well. For example: Randy Zimmerman has a character, “Gore” who’s remarkably similar in personality and execution to Deadpool; but I don’t think that’s a rip since “smart mouthed wiseacre” is a common fixture, and making him super-bad is a logical conclusion. (Mostly to explain why nobody’s pasted the geek yet....)

Just ask Lobo.

But Shadowhawk is pretty close. Maybe not enough to sue, but I think there’s some cross pollination going on. Both guys were pretty entrenched with the 80's independent scene, so I bet they crossed paths at some time.

>Yet Shadowhawk seems to come from the exact opposite direction, and given how reactionary and humorless it is, you can't even say it's parody

It was COMPLETELY by the numbers, so I suspect he was doing it for the money. I could be wrong, but since he’s done so little with it I kinda think so. He even changed his style to better fit with the dominant one of the day.... there’s NOTHING experimental or novel there.

Don C.

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>what year was he created?

The first comic I got with him in it is 1985.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎