Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

What's this about a lost episode featuring Matches Malone? (Tucker mentions it in the interview link.)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

what a fun cartoon. i didnt like it at first now think its one of the better versions of the cape crusader. gotta get it on dvd at some point...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

What's this about a lost episode featuring Matches Malone? (Tucker mentions it in the interview link.)
        That's "The Mask of Matches Malone". An episode from season 2 that was set to air, but CN got cold feet due to a song by the Birds of Prey featured in the episode. The ladies are comparing other heroes to Batman, and say things about the Flash being TOO fast, and Aquman having a "little fish". It made it onto the internet before it was pulled from the schedule. Supposedly, edits were made, but CN still hasn't aired it.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

^Thanks--I saw the song clip on youtube awhile back, not realizing it had been yanked.

Tucker mentions his hope that it will see DVD release.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Toy Talk
            Old and out of touch
            • Aug 7, 2009

I never missed an episode. As for hero cartoons it was a good romp.
            "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• hawkmike
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2003

this version reminded me of some of the brave and bold comics i read as a kid. a friend had found an austrain feed so during cartoon network's long dry spell i actually had watched the finale in aug was sorry to see it go.
              my favorite moment in the series was the batman and space ghost i was 9 when the cartoons were on network tv so it it me with an oldies brick.
              gonna miss the show
              wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like the "lost" Matches Malone episode will be on the next DVD set, according to TV Shows on DVD:

Batman wings into an exciting new era, teaming with a mighty honor roll of DC Comics Super Heroes in this action-packed series. Through the show's season two 14 Animated Adventures in this 2-Disc Collection, the Dark Knight allies with Aquaman, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Wildcat, Deadman, Bronze Tiger and Atom to take on an array of evildoers ranging from mad scientists to intergalactic crooks, from power-mad dictators to out-of-control teenagers.

Following up on their August release with the first half of the sophomore season, Warner Home Video has today announced that March 20th will be the street date for Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Season 2, Part 2 on DVD. Priced at $19.97 SRP, you'll get the episodes "The Siege of Starro!, Part 1", "The Siege of Starro!, Part 2", "Requiem for a Scarlet Speedster!", "The Last Patrol!", "The Mask of Matches Malone!", "Menace of the Madniks!", "Emperor Joker!", "The Criss Cross Conspiracy!", "Plague of the Prototypes!", "Cry Freedom Fighters!", "The Knights of Tomorrow!", "Darkseid Descending!", "Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!" and "The Malicious Mr. Mind!". Here's the package art:

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Season 2, Part 2

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...#ixzz1fJnzxTRr
                Batman: The Brave and the Bold DVD news: Announcement for Batman: The Brave and the Bold - Season 2, Part 2 | TVShowsOnDVD.com
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^Hooray!! And the Doom Patrol, too!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎