Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

No "Red Robin" solo book....Tim Drake will be the star of the new "Teen Titans" title
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir

Legion Lost...OK, how many times are we going to go to this well? Legion members stuck in the present time....Karate Kid did it in the 70s...then Timber Wolf in the 90s...followed by some Legionnaires during the Final Night era. Then again during the cross-over with Meltzer's JLA and Johns' JSA, which led to Starman serving with the JSA. And yet AGAIN during Countdown with Karate Kid (again?!) and Triplicate Girl....

Sigh...

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ^Maybe it's the Jim Lee influence, but a lot of this has a decidedly 90s feel. It may be that there are a lot of creators involved that hit it big during that era (starting with Jim Lee and working down), or it could be that some of the new creators grew up with the 90s books.

It has that X-Men/Early Image thing going on. Which is just an odd fit for DC.

Chris
        There is Jim Lee designing and "tweaking" many of these costumes, but don't forget it's former nineties Marvel EIC, Bob Harras in the Big Chair now.

Which I'm assuming is why we are seeing names like Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicienza, Tom Defalco suddenly back and attached to books at DC now.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
          Career Member
          • Nov 27, 2009

Hitler is ****ed about this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpUh_Yl49l4
          If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
            Which I'm assuming is why we are seeing names like Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicienza, Tom Defalco suddenly back and attached to books at DC now.

I'd rather see names like Wolfman, Wein, Ordway, O'Neil writing monthly books if we're looking to hire guys from the past....

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^Maybe it's the Jim Lee influence, but a lot of this has a decidedly 90s feel. It may be that there are a lot of creators involved that hit it big during that era (starting with Jim Lee and working down), or it could be that some of the new creators grew up with the 90s books.

It has that X-Men/Early Image thing going on. Which is just an odd fit for DC.

Chris

Which once again proves my theory that Dan DiDio gets all of his plot ideas for the DC line by shopping in the quarter boxes at conventions!
              At DC they take recycling SERIOUSLY!

p.s.
              Anyone remember when they relaunched all the DC books with #0 issues? I think only Starman was a hit.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, so far it seems like the continuity in Batman and Green Lantern is relatively intact, while other things get totally rebooted, like Teen Titans for instance. From Titan's Tower:

“Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund.”

Wow, some major redesigns here. Not feeling the bad-*** Wonder Girl or Superboy. Red Robin and Kid Flash are OK. Two other mysterious members. No signs of Beast Boy, Raven or Ravager. Bleeding Cool reported, “none of the Titans therein will have ever met before.” Hmm, this likes a pretty radical departure… one of the most radical is DC’s September relaunch. I also wonder why they would stray so far from the characters’ looks in the YOUNG JUSTICE animated series.
                So these Titans have never met. It almost sounds like Tim Drake may be new to all this too, or retired or something.

C-L-U-S-T-E-R.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

^

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl
                    This is probably fall-out from Wonder Woman's revamp/reboot...Cassie no longer has ties to WW...I wonder (pun intended) where that leaves Donna Troy..Ugh

Comment

• Riffster
                      Atomic batteries to power
                      • Jun 29, 2008

Donna is in JLI it looks like
                      Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                      And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Nope, Jurgens said its not Donna or Diana. Probably Gypsy
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wyatterb
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          ^^^ Nope, Jurgens said its not Donna or Diana. Probably Gypsy
                          I have to wonder if it is the woman with powers that Booster rescues during his recent encounter with Doomday. Issue 45. Alexandra Gianopoulos was her name.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

More stuff that looks like it will tank. Looks like Secret Six is done, Deadshot's got a new gig. OMAC is the only one that stands out to me and that's only for the Kirby looking art. DIDio writing will keep me away.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnnystorm
                              Hot Child in the City
                              • Jul 3, 2008

Not interested in another Suicide Squad reboot. I really dislike the Amanda Waller character. Very sorry to see Secret Six end, as it's probably DC's best-written title.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                                The Packaging King
                                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                                Very sorry to see Secret Six end, as it's probably DC's best-written title.
                                BK won't be happy about this...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎