X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by johnnystorm
    You guys have to track down the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2from 1986, it's currently jumping in price somewhat on Ebay- I've seen it from $10-25.
    It has a story by Alan Moore in it which is the basis for this whole Blackest Night/Sinestro Corps story.

I just snaged a Copy of that... big thanks... some people wanted some bank of it on Ebay.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

I been skimming over everyone's posts... I still haven't got my copy yet,.. should be here on Sat .. Finished Reading The New Corps Issue last Night .. TO Me it Seems like Scar has all the Guardian's really eating outta Her hands,.. & right now She's the Boss, & whatever She say's goes... it's interesting...

I never thought when I read Green Lantern Rebirth Issue 1 for the 1st time,.. the Black Hand was ever going to be anyone Special,.. when He showed up in Ollie's Basement,.. & then Jordan as the Spectre, showed up & Burnt his hand off ...

Man,.. I don't think I have ever been this Addicted to a Story line,.. Since Green Lantern Rebirth. It's soooooooo cool.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        I been skimming over everyone's posts... I still haven't got my copy yet,.. should be here on Sat .. Finished Reading The New Corps Issue last Night .. TO Me it Seems like Scar has all the Guardian's really eating outta Her hands,.. & right now She's the Boss, & whatever She say's goes... it's interesting...
        Wait 'til you see her in action in GL #43....quite nauseating....
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
          I never thought when I read Green Lantern Rebirth Issue 1 for the 1st time,.. the Black Hand was ever going to be anyone Special,.. when He showed up in Ollie's Basement,.. & then Jordan as the Spectre, showed up & Burnt his hand off ...
          Nothing ever seems to be 'throwaway" material with Geoff Johns....dude knows how to mine old stuff and make it shine.....

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

You guys have to track down the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2from 1986, it's currently jumping in price somewhat on Ebay- I've seen it from $10-25.
            It has a story by Alan Moore in it which is the basis for this whole Blackest Night/Sinestro Corps story. The story was reprinted in Across the Universe: The DC stories of Alan Moore trade paperback.
            Alan Moore's GLC stories are brilliant. The man really refined his craft doing those shorts in the pages of 2000 AD and brought that sensibility to DC in the early eighties.

I believe it was also recently reprinted in a trade collecting various old storylines that have inspired Geoff Johns run (I think he even writes intros to the stories).

I also loved Moore's Swamp Thing issue where he encounters the Plant based Green Lantern and causes all kinds of havoc.

I don't know why they never offered Moore the ongoing Green Lantern title.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
              Hot Child in the City
              • Jul 3, 2008

The adversity between Alan Moore and DC Comics runs pretty deep..they worked things out a few times but have not got along for years...I don't believe you will ever see a new Moore project coming from DC. And as far as an ongoing Moore written GL book, that would have been...very interesting. I don't for a second believe that DC editorial would have allowed some stuff Moore would have wanted to do. There would be too many restrictions with the GL character...with Swamp Thing he was playing on the outskirts of the DC Universe. And could you imagine DC expecting Alan Moore to write into whatever crossover event they had going? Although, Alan Moore just might have been able to bring some sense of purpose to Final Crisis.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

The adversity between Alan Moore and DC Comics runs pretty deep..they worked things out a few times but have not got along for years...I don't believe you will ever see a new Moore project coming from DC. And as far as an ongoing Moore written GL book, that would have been...very interesting. I don't for a second believe that DC editorial would have allowed some stuff Moore would have wanted to do. There would be too many restrictions with the GL character...with Swamp Thing he was playing on the outskirts of the DC Universe. And could you imagine DC expecting Alan Moore to write into whatever crossover event they had going? Although, Alan Moore just might have been able to bring some sense of purpose to Final Crisis.
                Sorry, I meant giving him the GL title back in the day while he was writing those GLC backups. Although I think you are probably right given his "Cosmic" Swamp Thing run, it might have been a bit too esoteric for mainstream superheroes.

Did you know DC did ask Alan Moore for his proposal for a DCU crossover event following Crisis? It was called Twilight, and given the fact that it had everything from a gay Blackhawk, to a rent boy Plastic Man, and an incestuous Marvel Family, no one can blame the DC Comics of the 80's from passing on it.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  Did you know DC did ask Alan Moore for his proposal for a DCU crossover event following Crisis? It was called Twilight, and given the fact that it had everything from a gay Blackhawk, to a rent boy Plastic Man, and an incestuous Marvel Family, no one can blame the DC Comics of the 80's from passing on it.
                  Supposedly, much of Kingdom Come cribs from Alan Moore's Twilight proposal......

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎