X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
    I think they had no choice but to make Conner take a dirt nap for a while because of the lawsuit with the Siegels....
    Oh, please. Don't bring this tool back. I HATE that character.

Originally posted by BlackKnight
    I thought they Killed Conner due to the fact of the Nonsense in Superman Returns, & they wanted to introduce a new Superboy that was Superman's son ?.
    Bone-El (that's what I call him) doesn't deserve to wear the "S". I was so happy when they killed him off.
    They've reinstated practically everything Pre-COIE anyway so why can't they bring back the REAL Superboy (Clark Kent) and fix the Legion continuity back to what it really is supposed to be???

How about The Metal Men? I sorta of liked the Jurgens mini but then nothing else ever came of that. ( didn't like Gold getting killed off though and replaced by Doc Magnus as Veridium.

Then they just did an incomprehesnible revival a year or so back....Bleeech!

Hopefully the upcoming Garcia-Lopez pencilled version in Wednesday Comics and also the back-up in Doom Patrol will get the Metal Men right again.
    Yeah, I didn't like the Gold/Doc Magnus changes in that either but I had no problem with the "they used to be human" concept.
    The recent series? BLEW!!! I was so disappointed in that. Hated the art (too "toony/manga" for my taste) and the basic disregard for past history. I didn't mind the addition of Copper.

I did manage to snag a copy of Blackest Night #0. Comic shop had some left-overs from FCBD. I haven't read it yet.

Rich

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
      Oh, please. Don't bring this tool back. I HATE that character.
      Tool late.... He's back!
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Maybe one of the hands is Horshack...Oooo Ooooo Mr. Black Hand sir pick me pick me!! Hey, he was in a DC comic back in the day.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kryptosmaster
          Removed.
          • Jun 14, 2008

Tool late.... He's back!
          Excuse me while I vomit.
          I hope he dies again.
          Rich

Comment

• Airdave817
            Satellite Monitor Duty
            • May 31, 2007

When The Dead Rise

I'm thinking that a lot of the clues as to what other heroes rise are from the headstones...

I didn't notice anyone mention Ralph Dibney yet. It seems to me a lot of the heroes that rise will be JLA members - Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man, Firestorm.

I'm wondering if Hal won't be getting a Blue Lantern partner or sidekick - G'Nort? Or is he a Black Lantern?

It might be kinda cool for Hal to have a partner or sidkick - Kyle? - as a Blue Lantern...
            Shameless self-promotion -
            Earth-Dave
            KROC-FM
            Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
            "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Airdave817

It might be kinda cool for Hal to have a partner or sidkick - Kyle? - as a Blue Lantern...
              I have always thought since the begining of this,.. that a Major GL Was gonna Wind up a Blue Lantern,.. with Kyle's recent Direction,.. & his 4 different costume changes since 1st becomming a Lantern,.. I kinda thought it would be him.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by Airdave817
                I'm thinking that a lot of the clues as to what other heroes rise are from the headstones...

I didn't notice anyone mention Ralph Dibney yet. It seems to me a lot of the heroes that rise will be JLA members - Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man, Firestorm.

I'm wondering if Hal won't be getting a Blue Lantern partner or sidekick - G'Nort? Or is he a Black Lantern?

I would be very happy to see Ralph & Sue brought back to life. I'd be very happy to then see them portrayed as a bright, loving, positive couple who've survived some really (REALLY!) bad things, but they've put it behind them, and got on with their lives, enjoying their new time, having fun and living life to it's fullest doing what they love: traveling the world & solving mysteries. I would happily buy such a series.

If they are resurrected, I'm afraid DC will more likely make them dark, angst ridden , & creepy, brooding over their miserable existances. Better they remain dead and enjoy whatever peace they find in the grave.

Speaking of resurrected characters, I'm wondering if The Resurrection Man will show up in Blackest Night somewhere. A great character, his mid-90s series was really pretty good (with the exception of the one million crap sandwiched into it- another Morrison Crap-Fest of Idiocy).

And John Stewart is officially Hal Jordan's partner for this space sector. Kyle and Guy Gardner are partners out in space & around OA.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

The graves of Ralph and Sue Dibny were shown in Blackest Night #0, so it's quite possible they'll be Black Lanterns.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

I think Alexander Luthor (from Earth-3) is confirmed as a Black Lantern....

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I've heard the Jim Corrigan Spectre will be returning as well.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Newsarama just ran the Dc solicitations for august and in reading the Previews, here are some more Black Lanterns mentioned in various crossovers:

The Flying Graysons
                        Pa Kent
                        Terra (the original)
                        Katma Tui
                        Alexander Luthor
                        Deadman

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,.. So Ahhh,.. How did DeadMan ,.. Well Die ?
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                            Yeah,.. So Ahhh,.. How did DeadMan ,.. Well Die ?
                            Deadman's always been dead.... Boston Brand was killed by the Hook. I never thought of him being a Black Lantern but it definitely makes sense...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Deadman's always been dead.... Boston Brand was killed by the Hook. I never thought of him being a Black Lantern but it definitely makes sense...
                              See,.. Ok it makes sense now...
                              When I 1st read his name,.. I was thinking,.. Ok,,.. how did they Kill Deadman,.. he's already dead... Kinda a W-T-F .. in my head moment.

Comment

• Riffster
                                Atomic batteries to power
                                • Jun 29, 2008

I know more hands, I read August previews and they said some of the hands.. I won't ruin it but I'll post a link to the story

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...8/dcaugust.htm
                                Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                                And Super Powers Batman

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎