X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by wyldpny
    And Meule, you really need to get your hands on a remastered set. You will feel like you have seen some of those episodes for the first time again. Some episodes like Amok Time have some newly added footage too, not just updated.
    New footage, eh? Guss I will have to look into that
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by wyldpny
      Here is a sneak peak pic of a custom Mego 8" scale playset I am currently working on:

Playset will feature both working lights AND actual sound effects!

Stay tuned....
      That is a killer looking playset. I have one like this, but without the lights and sound effects, that is just plain awesome
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyldpny
        Star Trek Mego Customizer
        • Jan 29, 2008

The sound effects piece should be here by the weekend or sometime early next week. I will hopefully have it all done and waiting for that last part by the time it arrives
        Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
        Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
        Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

A couple updated pics of how the Transporter playset is coming along:

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Cool transporter

Comment

• wyldpny
                • Jan 29, 2008

Thanks

Check out how cool my custom Mego Transporting figures look in the Transporter playset:

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

That looks exactly like it did on the show

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Here we have two versions of the popular green Capt. Kirk "belly shirt":

First we have the later version with the Capt. Braids on the sleeves:

Second we have the earlier version with the Capt. Braids on the shoulder/neck area.
                    This version also features the early weapon belt (and as a bonus I tossed in the orange horned alien dog):

Last edited by wyldpny; Jun 25, '10, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Awesome mad sewing skills!
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Brianne Elizabeth
                        • Mar 17, 2011

Sheer Admir(al)mation!

Just plain admiration, and even a little toy lust going on! I'm gearing up to do some customs of my own, though I don't think I will do the cards...
                        Too Fun! I'd like to share my patterns here if I can get them to work. One creature I'd love to make is the anthropoid ape-pig guy in the original pilot "The Cage". And maybe the silly looking parrot-man you only see a flash of....
                        So, wish me luck, you've set the bar high!
                        Brianne.
                        Kirk and Spock are good friends.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Hey... whatever happened to wyldpny? I haven't seen him around in a long time. I always enjoyed his Trek customs.

Comment

• Brianne Elizabeth
                            • Mar 17, 2011

Space Madness!!

HOLY GUACAMOLE! i
                            I've been wanting to do these for my own figures. I'm also thinking to do the very ineffective red "environment?" suits from "the naked time". Those make me chuckle everytime I watch that episode! How does Star Fleet not suffer massive epidemics of Space Madness??

Comment

• Brianne Elizabeth
                              • Mar 17, 2011

Tholian Web Space Suits

Wyldpny,

I really do love those Tholian Web suits! I'd love to know the story behind the design of the real props. They are the oddest looking space suits, they didn't follow the Michelin man with fish-bowl-on-the-head prototype that I would have expected... (though I might make a suit like that for my dolls one day)
                              Brianne

Comment

• mego73
                                Printed paperboard Tiger
                                • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by Brianne Elizabeth
                                HOLY GUACAMOLE! i
                                I've been wanting to do these for my own figures. I'm also thinking to do the very ineffective red "environment?" suits from "the naked time". Those make me chuckle everytime I watch that episode! How does Star Fleet not suffer massive epidemics of Space Madness??
                                I just thought those Naked Time suits were supposed to protect from the cold. The idea being that the future would have a thin material that would protect from the cold (and it would like like it was cut from a shower curtain).

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎