Col Green

Ambassador Fox

Comment

• MegoMike1701
      • Nov 4, 2009

Oh yes, I'm not done!

The White Rabbit

Can't have the rabbit without ALICE !

another from Shore Leave. I think if this were done it should be like the McCoy / Knight TV scenes set...

Sulu vs. Samurai

Comment

• MegoMike1701
        • Nov 4, 2009

Now this next one would be a bit tricky. I see a lot of effort went into the Horta figure, so I figure this one would really have to be made sort of special, maybe in it's own square shaped package or something. This would be more like the transporter or something. And I suppose it would require a battery as well? Just throwing out ideas. Basically the idea is that when you flip open the lid to the chest, lights would flicker. Maybe Red, Yellow and Green. To make...

Medusan Ambassador Kollos !

open

closed

Just some glitter in the box could do the trick too perhaps.

And it would go nice with a Spock with Visor
        Last edited by MegoMike1701; Nov 5, '09, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• MegoMike1701
          • Nov 4, 2009

Lets not forget Gorgon!

The kids from And The Children Shall Lead

And good old Sam from Charlie X

Comment

• MegoMike1701
            • Nov 4, 2009

Probably my favorite Star Trek Alien, and much like the Balok puppet we don't see its body. So a figure might require some imagination!

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Mike, these are all fun Trek figures! Thanks for posting photos. I'm also a TOS fan.
              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Great suggestions Mike, that should keep him busy.
                I think some of those have already been done tho, I think I remember the white rabbit for instance.
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyldpny
                  Star Trek Mego Customizer
                  • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by MegoMike1701
                  Probably my favorite Star Trek Alien, and much like the Balok puppet we don't see its body. So a figure might require some imagination!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...i/Tholian1.jpg
                  Actually, in the Mirror episode of "Enterprise", "In a mirror darkly", we get to finally see what the Tholians look like:

Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
                  Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
                  Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                    Great suggestions Mike, that should keep him busy.
                    I think some of those have already been done tho, I think I remember the white rabbit for instance.
                    Agreed, these are awesome suggestions Mike
                    Your right Meule, many of these we have already done or already have the cards created ready for the figures.
                    A few of these however like the homeless milk thief and Sam may be simply way to obscure to make it worth creating for us, unless of course we get commissioned to make them for someone

Here are a few we are currently working on:
                    Last edited by wyldpny; Nov 6, '09, 8:00 AM.
                    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
                      • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by MegoMike1701
                      Now this next one would be a bit tricky. I see a lot of effort went into the Horta figure, so I figure this one would really have to be made sort of special, maybe in it's own square shaped package or something. This would be more like the transporter or something. And I suppose it would require a battery as well? Just throwing out ideas. Basically the idea is that when you flip open the lid to the chest, lights would flicker. Maybe Red, Yellow and Green. To make...

Medusan Ambassador Kollos !

open

closed

Just some glitter in the box could do the trick too perhaps.

And it would go nice with a Spock with Visor
                      http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...atei/Visor.jpg
                      The Medusan Ambassador could be made three ways. One would be to make it just a closed box, since it will be sealed on the card and put on display assuming it will never be removed from the sealed card so making it open and close would be wasted on something that would never be taken advantage of. The second would be to make it display opened on the sealed card with maybe some kind of "try me, it lights up" button using some kind of lighting effect. I am currently working on something similar to this with my Yarnek the Excaliban custom with red blinking lights in his head along with a "try me" button to make him light up. The third option would be make it as in the second example but carded in one of the blister clam shells that you can open and close allowing you to remove the figure and then put it back. This would allow the collector to "play" with it and take advantage of the extra detail put into the custom.

The Mr. Spock with visor is a great idea and I have already been trying to think of way to make him more desirable as a figure, since he would be a standard Mego custom with just a custom visor accessory, so I was thinking of maybe carded as a two pack TV scenes style large card along with the Medusan Ambassador.
                      Last edited by wyldpny; Nov 6, '09, 8:14 AM.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by wyldpny
                        Actually, in the Mirror episode of "Enterprise", "In a mirror darkly", we get to finally see what the Tholians look like:

http://jimmyakin.typepad.com/photos/...d/tholian2.jpg
                        This is what they look like in the mirror universe? One has to wonder tho if this is what they look like in "our" universe. Everyone looks a little different (granted, sometimes it's just a costume change) in the mirror universe
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• wyldpny
                          • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                          This is what they look like in the mirror universe? One has to wonder tho if this is what they look like in "our" universe. Everyone looks a little different (granted, sometimes it's just a costume change) in the mirror universe
                          I think it's pretty safe to say that they wouldn't change in look anymore than an outfit, or maybe some facial hair. Hmm, a Tholian with a beard... LOL

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

The Excalbian and the Melkotian would be terrific figures.
                            I'm going to look for some better photos, and try my hand at these.

For the Excalbian, a photo of a pile of dog poo should suffice to begin with....
                            I'll just ask my German Shepherd to produce some!
                            Last edited by Gorn Captain; Nov 6, '09, 12:11 PM.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• wyldpny
                              • Jan 29, 2008

I think there is a little more detail needed in Yarnek to make him screen accurate than that LOL

And he has a big tail too:

I am actually in the last stages of making him as we speak while I wait for the arrival of a Yarnek card from Anthony

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

I never knew he had some sort of a face.
                                Should be a fun project to make. Going to need a big bubble for that card, though.

How did you tackle his "posterior"?
                                I've never seen a picture of some Excalbian *ss....

Does he have some sort of big tail?
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎