Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nefud
    Museum Patron
    • Mar 17, 2009

As usual your costume work is impeccable, however I can't help but feel that the character needs a head sculpt beyond the standard Andorian head. Shras was fairly old, and didn't have the kind of anger present on the basic Andorian face. Just a friendly suggestion!

Comment

• wyldpny
      Star Trek Mego Customizer
      • Jan 29, 2008

I agree that to be truly realistic he needs to look like an older and gentler (not angry) Andorian.
      There are a few trains of thought:
      One thought is simply how detailed should you get while still trying to keep it's Mego-ish look? What would Mego have done?
      Would Mego have spent the money for another head sculpt/tooling, that is assuming they would have made him of course?
      I would love to have him look even more like Shras which is why I am in the process of working on a different head to try and get it to look more like Shras (screen accurate) and away from it simply being a re-do of an existing Andorian figure
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
      Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
      Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• Nefud
        Museum Patron
        • Mar 17, 2009

I'd use Grandpa Walton as a guide for how detailed an "aged" Mego would've ended up looking. Probably not much more detailed than crow's feet and laugh lines.

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

Here is a unique carded custom of a Transporting Mr. Spock:

To see the before and after pics:
          Transporting Mr. Spock figure - before, during and after pics - Mego Talk

I have a better card for him in the works but figured this one would do for now just to see how he displays
          Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

A few more customs:

Last edited by wyldpny; Mar 31, '09, 8:24 PM.

Comment

• wyldpny
              • Jan 29, 2008

A few more sweet looking Star Trek Mego customs for those interested:

This next figure may at first look like the same one I posted earlier in this thread, but if you look closer you can see that she features a much more accurate head and body. The body is called a non articulated body so you don't get the bony "hinged" look, especially in the waist/belly area. This custom female figure gives her an extremely screen accurate look:

A larger close up image:

Outfits above are all by my wife, modifications and details by me and cards by Anthony (The Toyroom) Durso

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

OMG that Uhura Custom is HOT. I mean Like really HOT. Wow!
                Sammy

Comment

• wyldpny
                  • Jan 29, 2008

Thanks, I am glad you like her
                  Here is a large image and at a different angle of her just for you Sammy:

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

Awww Yeahh. Thank you very very Much
                    Sammy

Comment

• shellhead
                      museum rustpot
                      • Mar 1, 2007

WOW ! This is one of the best threads ever! I read this like twice a day, just to see whats new!
                      What body did you use for Uhura? Is it like a bendy or rigid plastic?
                      At any rate, your customs are fantastic and you're super lucky to have a wife that is so supportive and skilled!

Chris
                      Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• wyldpny
                        • Jan 29, 2008

Wow thanks for the compliments shellhead
                        The Uhura body is a Disney character figure body if I remember right.

Here's a couple of our latest:

Comment

• captact
                          King of Super Queens!
                          • Aug 19, 2007

WOW!! YOUR WORK IS SIMPLY OUT OF THIS WORLD STEVE!!! By the way,...im going to your house tomorrow,..cant wait to see them all face to face!!!!! (and for the rerooting class", the MTG6 and the book"!!!!!).

Comment

• wyldpny
                            • Jan 29, 2008

Ok Ray

Check out this massive group shot:

Comment

• wyldpny
                              • Jan 29, 2008

Or this one:

It's pretty much the same figures just moved around, except for two or three different ones I swapped in.
                              We have even more but I didn't have room for all of them all on the bed at once :(
                              Plus I think most of the others I already have in an earlier group shot.

Now that is a lot of custom figures all in one shot...
                              Last edited by wyldpny; Apr 2, '09, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• captact
                                King of Super Queens!
                                • Aug 19, 2007

Hope i dont faint when i see them all personally,....Fascinating!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎