Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NemVia
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 12, 2007

I've now started on the Spot light turrets that are seen at the very bottom of the drydock. 3 new pics are on the last page. Next I'll add wiring and LEDs, then I'll opaque all of the new parts I've just finished and paint them their final color. Then I can finally work on the Gangway and begin assembling the last panel frames to the overhead modules.

~NemVia~
    Last edited by NemVia; Jul 11, '17, 4:46 PM.
    ...Once it's activated, there's no way to stop it! - Scotty: DMa
    www.NemVia.org

Comment

• wyldpny
      Star Trek Mego Customizer
      • Jan 29, 2008

WOW!! Totally amazing work. I love it.
      This would be a great model set to then have reproduced and made available for the masses.
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
      Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
      Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• NemVia
        Museum Patron
        • Oct 12, 2007

Originally posted by wyldpny
        WOW!! Totally amazing work. I love it.
        This would be a great model set to then have reproduced and made available for the masses.
        Cool! Love people who love my work! Thanks!

I've added 15 new pics for the Drydock pt II. I've finished up some of the detailing on the spot lights, work booms, work lights, and the misc. panels. I've also added some dry transfers to a few of the pieces. I've also started working on the part of the Drydock that I've been looking forward to since I've started working on this project and that is the "Gangway" that will connect the Enterprise to the drydock. By the next update I'll have that detailed a little more and painted up. Then I can start adding these pieces to the model and finally enclose the drydock around the Enterprise! More to come!

~NemVia~
        www.NemVia.org

Comment

• NemVia
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 12, 2007

I've been doing a lot of work on the Drydock these last 2 weeks. I have 12 new pics that show off some very nice views of the model, thus far. I've begun wiring the PL Enterprise to it's connectors and have run the wires up to the overhead modules. I've also painted the Gangway. Next I'll finish building the coverings to hide the wiring and then I'll start to add the work booms and lights. I had to add some re-enforcement rods to the side panels to support the weight of the panels and to help straighten them out. It will also keep the model together so I can move it around without worry during transport. These rods will be painted later on. I also have some good news for those of you who didn't care much for the green color on the Enterprise "Strong-back". (I know I didn't really care for it and the more I thought about it... I REALLY didn't care for it.) Sooo... I decided to make the color a lot more subtle as seen on ST:TMP. This also harmonizes with the rest of the Aztec detailing. You know it's there, but it doesn't jump out at you. In the next few weeks I'll also be making a cover for the model box so it will be safe when it's stored or being moved. Stay tuned. It's nearly done!

~NemVia~
          www.NemVia.org

Comment

• vulcan2074
            Live Long and Prosper
            • Mar 23, 2008

Wow! Thats Amazing. I'm Loving Pics #90,91,92,93. It Looks Fantastic
            Sammy

Comment

• The Sentry
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 3, 2007

*utterly speechless*
              sigpic
              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• NemVia
                Museum Patron
                • Oct 12, 2007

Originally posted by vulcan2074
                Wow! Thats Amazing. I'm Loving Pics #90,91,92,93. It Looks Fantastic
                Sammy
                Thanks, Sammy! Wait 'til you see them with the lighting effects!
                -NemVia-
                www.NemVia.org

Comment

• NemVia
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 12, 2007

I know the updates have been a little slow the last few weeks, but I am working on a lot of the wiring for the Drydock. I've run into a few snags that slowed me down a bit, but I should have some new pics for you shortly. I have almost one side of the model wired and I did a test lighting in the dark and let me tell you the model looks stunning under it's own lighting. I'll get a picture of that posted in the next few days. I still need to add some re-enforcements to the side panels to keep them from swaying when the model is moved. I'm adding the work booms on and the work lights. The trick is to hide the wiring and make it look like its part of the detailing. I'll add another update when these details are completed. Stay tuned!

~NemVia~
                  Last edited by NemVia; Jul 11, '17, 4:47 PM.
                  www.NemVia.org

Comment

• NemVia
                    Museum Patron
                    • Oct 12, 2007

Drydock Portside Lighting test.

This update has the first lighting test pics of the port side of the drydock. All of the pics you will see here are lit "ONLY" by the lighting from the Drydock model. There was no additional lighting used to enhance the pics. Just imagine how it will look when the top and starboard side lights are working. As of this update, none of the wiring for the PLE is hooked up as of yet. First I'll finish the wiring for the drydock, which should take another week or so, then I'll start running the controll switch wiring to a control panel which will allow the individual groups of lights, including the ships to turned on and off at any given time. Stay tuned! More to come soon!

~NemVia~

more pics on our website
                    Last edited by NemVia; Jul 11, '17, 4:47 PM. Reason: Adding an image link
                    www.NemVia.org

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Thats So Awesome. I Love the New Pics
                      Sammy

Comment

• NemVia
                        Museum Patron
                        • Oct 12, 2007

If you like those pics... Check out this next update!
                        This weeks update I have 12 new test lighting pics. I have all of the details finished including the detailing for the armature. All I have left to do now is attach the topsides and build the control panel for both models. In the NEW PICS all of the drydock's lights are now on. All of the pics are once again are illuminated by the drydock lights ONLY. In the next update I'll have the drydock and the Enterprise lights all on. Stay tuned.

~NemVia~
                        Last edited by NemVia; Jul 11, '17, 4:47 PM.
                        www.NemVia.org

Comment

• vulcan2074
                          Live Long and Prosper
                          • Mar 23, 2008

Those Pictures made me Say WOW! Thats Some Awesome Work. I Love the New Updates. The Lights are so Cool. I Can't wait to see the Enterprise lit up
                          Sammy

Comment

• NemVia
                            Museum Patron
                            • Oct 12, 2007

Thanks Mr. Vulcan2074. Here are a few pics from the front end as well.
                            Last edited by NemVia; Jul 11, '17, 4:48 PM.
                            www.NemVia.org

Comment

• mego73
                              Printed paperboard Tiger
                              • Aug 1, 2003

Those look like out takes from the movie itself

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• vulcan2074
                                Live Long and Prosper
                                • Mar 23, 2008

No Words can describe how Cool This is. These Pictures are Fantastic. I Love the way you've documented this Wonderful Project. It's Perfect
                                Sammy

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎