X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Need to revisit my Link project...

May 26: OH!!! Must paint up my makeup today!!

May 27: Yuck. I am painting up my Zira mask today, and I realized I hate it. I'm going to resculpt, and that's what I'm doing now. I won't finish this in time, but I will have it ready in a few months. Wondering if I should be a Romulan tomorrow or Zira? Ugh. I just remembered if I'm going as an ape I have to restyle the wig. If I am a Romulan, then the eyebrows are going to be taken off again, just when they've finally grown back. Oh...decisions decisions...
    Last edited by jessica; May 27, '11, 1:09 PM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

I ended up going ape after all. I remembered that I still had to paint up the bare spots of the black paint which was damaged on my Romulan costume.

I fell in love with this guy's features, and he did not mind that I took a photo of him. Perfect elf, I thought, and he's not even in makeup. He just looks naturally beautiful like that!

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

so, who's the guy in the mustard colored suit?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

The guy in the mustard-colored suit is one of the vendors. He was selling books, and he also owns a mens suit shop in San Francisco. I had to take a photo with him because of his fabulous outfit. I was shocked it was off the rack. I thought perhaps he commissioned someone to tailor it for him. I love the double buttons on the vest and the jacket has a buttoned vent on the back. It also had a hand sewn top stitching on the lapel.

Working now on Snick's red boiler suit for his gorilla. Sucks I still can't find my Caesar's boiler suit. That would have made it totally easy on me, but instead, I am working on sewing one from scratch, making sure it fits the body I was sent. I am taking a little mini-break, as the second attempt was a failure. Perhaps the third time is a charm!

Darn I just learned that costume opportunity July 4 weekend is off. Ratz. I will still take the boys though and we'll have a blast.

Kick starting my Ursus helmet soon. Going to check my PP balance to see if I have enough funds for some chemicals. Excited and scared. Has to be spectacular. Go big or go home!

Oh JOY! Snick, you will be happy that I will probably finish your gorilla boilersuit really soon. I have to review a few more photos to double-check pocket placements...and then attach the pockets and snaps. Third time's the charm, definitely!! And this body you sent me? Wow--what a bear to work with. HUGE MONGO hands that made the sleeves next to impossible to fit nicely.

It bothers me that this body has mongo ginormous hands and lady legs/feet. It's so wrong. OK. Rant over.

Aw crap. I had a most wonderful idea that I will just have to say nevermind. My brilliant idea was to clothe the figures I have at home, and sell them headless on Feebay, so at least the clothes would fit each figure perfectly. I was going to make a spectacular V costume but realized that I don't have enough fabric...so I will just have to make a spectacular V costume in Mego scale and hopefully someone will buy it on Feebay.
          Last edited by jessica; Jun 1, '11, 6:29 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
            Oh JOY! Snick, you will be happy that I will probably finish your gorilla boilersuit really soon. I have to review a few more photos to double-check pocket placements...and then attach the pockets and snaps. Third time's the charm, definitely!! And this body you sent me? Wow--what a bear to work with. HUGE MONGO hands that made the sleeves next to impossible to fit nicely.
            It looks like you already figured out a way around the hands. I was thinking that you just don't sewn the cuffs together. I can use fabric glue once the outfit is in place on the gorilla figure.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• ironman1188
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 11, 2007

Jess, I had sent you an email but was ust wondering where Col. Lake stood? Should I just scrap that?
              Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

I didn't get the e-mail, Steve. Col Lake is still possible. I am going to try sculpting again soon. I have one of the female headsculpts you sent for a size reference. I only hope I can do the sculpt justice. I have not sculpted a real serious figure since forever. I'm feeling pretty rusty. The last time I tried to sculpt her, I had really made her out of scale, which was very frustrating.

June 6--Finished up another Hurley outfit. Messed up on the undershirt, so I may re-do tomorrow, if I cannot unravel the thread nicely. Think I'm done for the night. I need to go study Col. Lake, and try sculpting again.

Fudge. I just got carried away sewing and forgot about the gram scale I was watching on Feebay. So....I purchased a BIN for $27 after s/h. It's not pretty but it will do in case my digital gram scale conks out on me again. I am busy outfitting the whole fleet of BSG at the moment while waiting for Hurley's legs to dry...

WOW! New discovery! Mego-scale buttons that can be handsewn onto the outfit.

Slowly acquiring materials to get back to my Ursus helmet, that's been waiting patiently. Not sure if I will do a fiberglass/resin route. If I can find something less toxic, I will go that way.
                Last edited by jessica; Jun 8, '11, 2:06 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

The Conquest Gorilla red jumpsuit is excellent! Thank you so much for putting it together. Another satisfied customer.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

OMG. I may be able to set foot at Comicon this July. My husband is checking his schedule, but he said he would drive me down. Soooooo excited. It's been sold out for months now, but Drew said he could get me a ticket.

Rummaging through my sculpting stuff I encountered my oversized Joker, who happened to be floating around either Virdon or Hutch. Not sure which human, but they've got the same features. All he needs is hair and a moustache and perhaps he can be Cesar Romero.

Currently hanging out at my mom's so I guess I'm just going to knit a pair of socks or something.

Yay me! Except for Mathilda's boots, I am basically caught up with anybody who's hired me out.

Time to re-do. Bigger nose, less prominent brow ridge, more rounded bottom muzzle.
                    Last edited by jessica; Jun 12, '11, 8:54 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Megoscale and 1:6 scale torches, battery-powered. Don't know if they will work yet. Have to wait for the Apoxie to dry, and then paint them up, and add the "flames"

Bummer! Flashing lights look like Christmas tree lights. Going to have to send in another order...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9CGj1cAbY

June 14--Feeling soooooooo poooooor. I just splurged to buy foam latex and materials necessary to move forward with my General Ursus helmet. I'm going to return the resin and organic vapor respirator, and the fiberglass since I will not be using a fiberglass glovemold.

Need to clean her up and finish up the edges of the sculpt so that I can create paper thin flashing. Hopefully. I repositioned the nose last night and was too sleepy to complete. I kind of like working with this Monster Clay.

Just purchased three Dr. Zaius dolls for cheap with free s/h. I can start my Nativity scene and will work on it slowly as time permits, using the three orangutans I sculpted. It will be one unique nativity scene, that's for sure.
                      Last edited by jessica; Jun 14, '11, 4:36 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

I was working on Zira today on my front porch so the kids could ride their bikes and play outdoors. Cement is not very comfortable!!

I had to reposition her nose (again!) and was too lazy to go upstairs to get my tool, so I made do with dental floss.

To do list:

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Looking great. You know, I've never liked the placement of my nose either. Can you move it for me? ;-)
                          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

The nose looks great! I think the torch turned out really well too.

Don't forget to add the 1:6 Night Stalker outfit to the "To Do" list.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

First, the good news! I finished Kolchak's suit!! yay! 40-gun salute in Ape City!!

Now, the bad news...I think I lost my camera. Crap!!

Here's my sculpt ready for the ultracal mold (using my sister's Ipod). Dang I miss my camera already...On a good note, this will give me a chance to upgrade. On a bad note, I need funds for makeup, not a camera. Zoiks!!

Last edited by jessica; Jun 17, '11, 7:35 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                                First, the good news! I finished Kolchak's suit!! yay! 40-gun salute in Ape City!!
                                What!?! What kind of trickery is this? I still have to get a body, head and box.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎