X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Wow, that will be one cool looking sculpt
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

I finally found my Cornelius. He'd been languishing in a box for a long time. I decided to try to hair him up, seeing all the good work that Matt has been doing to our friend's ape figures. This is my first attempt at hairing up a figure. It was fussy but not that difficult. I'm going to resculpt Cornelius though...that's why he's in this thread. Plus his outfit is horrible. Needs to be redone.

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Will Cornelius be Mego or 1:6 scale?
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

The one I found and haired up is Mego scale. I already sculpted him in 1:6 scale but I have not attempted to paint up a cast. I should probably try to resculpt him, too. I'm going to resculpt him in Mego scale. I used to think that the Medicom was so screen accurate but it's not really. I'm going to replace the head of the one I just haired up with a new sculpt of mine. I just have too many ongoing projects that are all going on at the same time.

Considering he's my first ape sculpt without a 1:6 scale head underneath and he sized well, I should really put some more effort into finishing him:

I wonder how Cornelius would look if I punched his hair? Hmmm! Sounds like a crazy project!!

Urko is being debuted this coming Saturday. I hope that Martin looks spectacular and that he takes lots of photos!

I better get my mask prepped for Wondercon...
          Last edited by jessica; Mar 24, '11, 9:25 AM.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

The 1:6 Cornelius does look nice. Galen could be a cool sculpt too. I'm sure you'll do a great job w/the Mego version Cornelius.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

I am so excited to see Martin suited up as General Urko! I think he looks fabulous! He said the hair was big, but to me it looks perfect. Maybe it could stand to get a little trim. To left of picture is Apemania's economy gorilla mask. Those are really hard to wear--very claustrophobic and hot as it's made out of latex. Martin says the mask I made out of foam latex was very comfortable. I hope to see more photos!

Last edited by jessica; Mar 26, '11, 2:34 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• sixxvanrose
                • Dec 31, 2010

Jess,

do you know if they made the reproduction rifles themselves, or does someone sell them?

I would love to own a repo.

~Sixx
                Looking to Buy: Planet Of The Apes

Lunchboxes, Megos, Toys, You have it, I buy it!

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by sixxvanrose
                  Jess,

do you know if they made the reproduction rifles themselves, or does someone sell them?

I would love to own a repro.

~Sixx
                  They are easy enough to make. You just need access to wood working tools...and I think someone makes plastic casts of the metal bits of the rifle. I would have to try to remember who sells the casts...Perhaps WestBatman (or Andy) would know. There's something about rifles on the apes forum....just don't remember where exactly.
                  Last edited by jessica; Mar 26, '11, 4:07 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

could you explain "hairing up" or possibly show us how its done? It sounds like exactly what I need for a upcoming custom.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Joe--hairing up is easy--just like making a wig, you start from the bottom of the scalp and work your way up to the forehead, work in layers, use glue and use fake fur. Use toothpicks to smooth the hair into place--use glue sparingly and wait for each layer to dry before attempting the second layer on top. Real hair is too stiff. Doll hair is too stiff for Mego scale.

Whoot! Alex says he's got some heads he's working on, but he will consider making Virdon. How awesome is that? For those who ordered, Burke is leaving Mexico Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

To do list:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

what kind of glue? I have to use doll hair, its all I can find in green.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

Find this toy at Target. It's got the perfect type of fake fur for the hair you need. I just use fabritac or whatever glue dries clear and flexible.

To do list:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

never thought to try fabric glue, that pea or whatever it is has too short of hair for what I am thinking of, so I hope the dollar tree dolls will do.

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

This thought just came to me today. I am going to make this helmet in 1:1 scale! Apemania's got one but I want to make my own. Plus Brian himself said a long time ago to just sculpt my own. I think I'm seriously ready. I just want to make it spectacular!

Last edited by jessica; Mar 28, '11, 2:11 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Yes! Apemania does make one and isn't afraid to charge for it. Something isn't quite right about it. It looks too small. I know yours will be the Alpha/Omega bomb.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎