Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

With the vinyl heads. Don't you ever try and stuff clay up inside the hollow parts of their head? If you squeeze too tight after you've added the clay additions they might crack. So when I do this type of work to the heads I fill the inside with unbaked clay/sculpty and seal it back up to prevent cracking.

By the way, you are one of the inspirations that got me modifying these heads. Keep up the work!!! I could never be halfway as good as you in this lifetime. Nikki thinks your stuff is amazing also.
    Last edited by Cosmicman; Mar 10, '11, 10:50 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
      With the vinyl heads. Don't you ever try and stuff clay up inside the hollow parts of their head? If you squeeze too tight after you've added the clay additions they might crack. So when I do this type of work to the heads I fill the inside with unbaked clay/sculpty and seal it back up to prevent cracking.

By the way, you are one of the inspirations that got me modifying these heads. Keep up the work!!! I could never be halfway as good as you in this lifetime. Nikki thinks your stuff is amazing also.
      Thank you Cat. One of the cool signatures I read said, "Inspire to inspire," and it's awesome that you are modifying cause of me. That's just awesome!! \m/ Tell Nikki thank you too.

I never tried to put back the vinyl heads that have been sculpied over...usually I make a mold and sell the cast, and the original sculpt lays around in a box. That's a very good idea about stuffing the head. I never thought to do that. HardyGirl's seen my crap and she doesn't understand why I don't display my stuff. I think it's because nothing is ever complete.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
        I never tried to put back the vinyl heads that have been sculpied over...usually I make a mold and sell the cast, and the original sculpt lays around in a box. That's a very good idea about stuffing the head. I never thought to do that. HardyGirl's seen my crap and she doesn't understand why I don't display my stuff. I think it's because nothing is ever complete.
        I'm a sort of getting into casting. I have made so many heads that I have sculpted (the way you did) but I "stuffed the heads". I would just like to cast them and make copies just to give out free to a few of my friends on here. I came up with a lot of ideas. Maybe we'll shoot you an offline on Facebook and talk advice on casting. I must have made about 100 original heads in the last two years.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Chris I know we will find the 10 apes. Here's the headcount so far.

So far:
          1. me
          2. Ironman
          3. Snickertown
          4. Kfog
          5. Rob R. from the Apes group
          6. Dr. Zaius (from SSF)
          7. Dr. Zaius (second head if he can afford it)

That's great news! I think we are set. If we fall short I'll pick up a 2nd head and replace my "Pin Head" Burke.

How do I get a couple-of projects on your "To Do" list. I could go for a 1:6 Ceasar Leather Jacket and a 1:6 Red Conquest Jumpsuit. PM me a price and I'll PayPal you.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
            That's great news! I think we are set. If we fall short I'll pick up a 2nd head and replace my "Pin Head" Burke.

How do I get a couple-of projects on your "To Do" list. I could go for a 1:6 Ceasar Leather Jacket and a 1:6 Red Conquest Jumpsuit. PM me a price and I'll PayPal you.
            I put you down on my "to do" list. Handy, isn't it? Every time I log on I can see what I have to do. I'll send you a PM.

If Lord T Zero is serious, he will be another buyer. I still haven't heard from John BK..I know he'd jump on one in an instant. I posted on his page on FB to alert him. I will also ask Enaud and Dorgs. Also, the other Chris from the Apes group hasn't chimed in. Perhaps he hasn't seen the post yet, but I know he'd get one.
            Last edited by jessica; Mar 11, '11, 11:55 AM.

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Your "To Do" list is very handy. I like that it's a constant reminder.

BTW, do we need to let Alex know?
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

I told Alex already. He started Burke last night. We will get the minimum number of 10 and surpass that.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

I told Alex already. He started Burke last night. We will get the minimum number of 10 and surpass that.
                  Great! That's music to my eyes. Thx for doing the leg work.

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
                    Great! That's music to my eyes. Thx for doing the leg work.
                    Have to shed the guilt from the Ada Chan fiasco...

Here is Alex's latest and greatest. Instantly recognizable. He's a genius.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Holy Quccamole!!!! Alex should work for Hot Toys, ZICA, Emce, BBP! and Classic TV Toys. I'm speechless. I'm assuming his scale is dead-on?

There isn't enough soap to wash Ada's "experience" away. I am by no means a fan and I believe Emce hired her for one figure. If I knew what figure it was I wouldn't buy it. I'm assuming it's the Green Lantern because it's out of scale.

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Chris I have seen photographs of his Columbo on a figure, painted up, purchased by other people. It looks freaking dead on.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Chris I have seen photographs of his Columbo on a figure, painted up, purchased by other people. It looks freaking dead on.
                          I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Alex is too perfect and this experience has been way too easy.

Comment

• yokaijohn
                            Keep it coolin', baby
                            • Oct 1, 2008

He is really awesome with the likenesses.I love the Kung-fu heads he did.
                            Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Wow---this guy has been sculpting for the last 15 years. This is 1:6 scale, of Bolo (?)--my memory is not that great, from Enter the Dragon. I still love Alex, though.

From this...

To this! Amazing how you start with just a ball of yarn and two sticks.

Suave!

Thank you my dear. I love my sweater.
                              Last edited by jessica; Mar 19, '11, 11:35 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Now onto Mathilda's boots, 1:6 scale, a problem which has been unsolved now for quite some time. I'm going to get this done once I find my dremel...it's kind of cartoony now, so I need to reshape the Apoxie on the feet...I'll be so happy to accomplish this. I can do it I think and I will.

My upcoming sculpt to finish, half dragon half man for Karl, which will be in 1:6 scale:

If anybody cares to know, Alex said that Burke is ready to be fired in the oven. I can't wait. If Alex is happy, I'm happy.

I am craving to work on another facial sculpt in 1:1 scale so I'm going to use my male positive to sculpt Cornelius on top. Time to try my hand at Cornelius and see how it comes out in foam latex.
                                Last edited by jessica; Mar 23, '11, 12:16 PM.

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎