Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

I was so ready to pour the other half of the gypsum, but then I remembered I still had to prep the sculpt. I spent a good two hours trying to make it work with what I had.

My "work table" in the back yard.

Here's me working the Ultracal. Of course I couldn't find the skin tight gloves that I needed, and no time to look because I was raring to go.
    Last edited by jessica; Jul 29, '10, 5:23 PM.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Your work is magnificent.
      Sammy

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

I'm so not happy...but there's got to be a way to fix this. Today, after I make the crust and cup up some apples for pie and finish cutting up some kale for dinner, I'm going to do some serious damage control. I didn't have the strength to pry apart the molds so the next time I'm going to make extra ears so that I could get a foothold of it and pull the other one off.

Last edited by jessica; Jul 30, '10, 5:19 PM.

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Awwww...I hope you're able to fix that, I know you worked hard on it.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

The edges are structurally sound now. I wasn't that upset since the face is the important part of the mold (to me).

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Here's Dylan helping mommy out. I like to work several projects concurrently, and while Zira is not yet ready for foam latex (she's drying out in the sun), I want to get another positive going to sculpt on.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

Not ape related, oy, but an unfinished project. I was stuck at Link's boots, but I have since crossed that bridge now. I only have to make the leatherwork now for his scabbard, and paint up everything, and hopefully I can call a project done. Boots are made out of two types of leather.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Action shot. I think I'm going to tweak his eyes a little, and make them smaller by just a tad.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Sweet looking boots, Jess. Good to see you working on this project again, was wondering what happened to this. Still mucho impressed with that shield and sword
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Link's progress slowly chugs forward. I didn't realize I need buckles for the top part of the leather. Going to have to MacGuyver that. I love working with leather.

To do list:

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

I am doing an exchange with someone on another forum. His figure needed a crocheted beanie, so I made one. It's 1:6 scale. Still waiting for the head to arrive, but since I had some extra hair laying around I thought it would be funny to photograph one of my human heads. It's supposed to be Mathilda from the Professional. This is the finest yarn I could find that did not look horrible when crocheted. I think once it's really on his Mathilda sculpt it will look better.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

You crocheted a beanie at that scale? Wow, your skills really are unlimited
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

40-gun salute in Ape City! Behold, my first foam run. It's not perfect, but it will do. Tomorrow is another day.

And I think I tore the foam prying the molds apart. I'll be more careful the next time. Stinky work, this stuff. Glad to have an outdoor convection oven. I baked it for four hours, but I think I could have gone with 3. I have to adjust the chemistry so it would gel and bake softer. The great thing is, except for the dent on the tip of the nose which must have happened when I was pouring the mold, I am happy with it.

Last edited by jessica; Aug 27, '10, 9:14 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• supes
                              For the love of Mego's!
                              • Jan 19, 2004

I think it looks great!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• alex
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 15, 2009

All amazing work, I want to see that link finished

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎